Broderick Jones-Jalen Carter battle, Marcus Rosemy catch highlight Georgia football recruits at Under Armour practices
ORLANDO, Fla., — After three practices at the Under Armour All-American Game this week, it’s clear that Georgia cannot let Broderick Jones sign elsewhere.
Jones entered this week as the second-highest rated Bulldog in attendance as he’s currently rated as the No. 19 overall prospect in the country. After his performance this week, that might rise as he’s clearly been the top offensive line prospect in attendance.
He’s done well against fast players, big players and just about any challenger in between. In drills on Tuesday, Jones once again fared well, this time going up against Georgia signee Jalen Carter.
Carter has also had a strong week in Orlando, as he’s been a handful for opposing offensive linemen. In the clip below, he absolutely whips Oklahoma signee Nate Anderson, who is the No. 1 ranked guard in the country.
Carter entered the week as the No. 53 overall prospect and the No. 6 defensive tackle but both of those should rise after his efforts.
Other highlights include Georgia commit Sedrick Van Pran matching up against signee Warren Brinson. After Jones and Carter, Van Pran has had a very impressive showing this week in drills.
As for the others, Arian Smith and Marcus Rosemy both showed off some of their abilities. Rosemy, in particular, had an impressive sideline catch in one-on-one drills.
Rosemy did sustain a shoulder injury but he told DawgNation that he expects to be back at practice tomorrow.
Georgia will have eight signees and commits in the Under-Armour All-American Game on Thursday, Jan. 2. The Bulldogs could also add a few more players to their 2020 recruiting class during the game, as 5-star athlete Darnell Washington,5-star running back Zach Evans and 4-star defensive back Dontae Manning will all announce during the game.
More Georgia football stories from around DawgNation
- WATCH: Marcus Rosemy, Arian Smith explain what they’re bringing to the Georgia football wide receiver room
- How Georgia football ended up missing on Tank Bigsby, Theo Johnson and some of its top targets
- PHOTOS: Check out the Georgia football recruits on Day 2 of Under Armour All-American Bowl practices
- Elite RB signee Kendall Milton chooses to report earlier than expected to UGA
- WATCH: Georgia signee Arian Smith wins “Fastest Man” challenge at Under Armour
- Even before hiring Matt Luke, Chad Lindberg knew he was ‘the guy’ for Georgia football
- Sedrick Van Pran-Granger: All-American OL still feels ‘comfortable’ as a Georgia commit
- Incoming freshman Jalen Carter feels he can play a Tyler Clark-type role as a freshman
- What we learned about Georgia football recruits, targets at Under Armour All-American game media day
- Dontae Manning contrasts Georgia football and Oregon ahead of announcement
- All-American week snapshot: Which UGA signees and targets play where
- Jordan Burch: Why Georgia didn’t even crack his final 3
- 5-star RB Zach Evans shares ‘strongest connection’ and scope of decision prior to Jan. 2 announcement
- Even Mekhail Sherman was surprised when Kirby Smart, Georgia football flipped Jermaine Burton
- Broderick Jones: The 5-star OT details why he is still committed to Georgia