Georgia still at No. 5 in Coaches Poll after Auburn win
For the third week in a row, Georgia picked up a double-digit win over an SEC foe, as the Bulldogs cruised past Auburn, 27-10 on Saturday night. But due to every team in the top 10 of the Coaches Poll also winning, the Bulldogs will remain at No. 5 for a third straight week.
The Bulldogs got a dominant performance out of sophomore running back D’Andre Swift on Saturday, as he rushed for a career best 186 rushing yards in the win over the Tigers. The Georgia defense also did a great job limiting Auburn quarterback Jarrett Stidham, as he didn’t have a touchdown pass on the night. For the fourth consecutive Georgia-Auburn game in Sanford Stadium, the Tigers failed to score a touchdown after the first quarter.
The top four remains unchanged, as it is still Alabama at No. 1, Clemson at No. 2, Notre Dame at No. 3 and Michigan at No. 4. The Bulldogs are still the second-highest ranked one-loss team, behind only Michigan.
There are a total of six SEC teams ranked this week. LSU comes in at No. 10 after pulling out a 24-17 win over Arkansas. Florida moves up to No. 16 after beating South Carolina, while Kentucky falls to No. 21 after a surprising loss to Tennessee. Mississippi State fell after its 24-0 loss to Alabama, dropping to No. 23
The Auburn game was Georgia’s final SEC game of the regular season, as the Bulldogs went 7-1 against conference foes this year. Georgia will play Alabama on Dec. 1 in the SEC Championship game with a spot in the College Football Playoff likely on the line. That game is scheduled for a 4 p.m. kickoff.
UGA goes out of conference next Saturday, as the Bulldogs host the Massachusetts Minutemen. The game is scheduled for a 4 p.m. ET kickoff and will be broadcast on the SEC Network. The game can also be heard on WSB Radio 95.5 FM/750 AM.
Coaches Poll Top 25 Week 12
Best Stories from around DawgNation
- The best social media reactions from Georgia’s win over Auburn
- Georgia QB Justin Fields gets ‘tremendous on-the-job training’ against Auburn
- WATCH: Georgia QB Jake Fromm elaborates on improved play after Auburn win
- Georgia football coach Kirby Smart defends what Auburn calls ‘bullcrap’ play call
- Report Card: Based on standard set by Alabama, Georgia must keep improving
- UGA marches toward December, leaves Auburn in its wake
- Georgia football keeps rolling with 27-10 win over Auburn
- Fast-improving Georgia defense looking for more break, less bend
- Georgia tailback D’Andre Swift overcoming surgery, just needs ‘open space’
- GAME BALL: Georgia RB D’Andre Swift lights up Sanford Stadium in fourth quarter
- Georgia overcomes short-yardage struggles vs. Auburn to get victory