Georgia football sits at No. 5 in Coaches Poll heading into Georgia Tech game
Georgia picked up another win on Saturday, blasting UMass 66-27. Heading into the final game of the regular season the Bulldogs will be ranked No. 5 in the Week 13 Coaches Poll as they prepare to take on the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets.
The Bulldogs put up a season-best 66 points on Saturday, as a number of players shined. Freshman quarterback Justin Fields led the team in passing and rushing, while freshman James Cook also added two touchdowns. The 66 points and 701 yards of total offense were the most in the Kirby Smart era. And while the defense was less than stellar, the Georgia offense was more than good enough to account for that.
The rest of the top 4 remains unchanged, as No. 1 Alabama, No. 2 Clemson, No. 3 Notre Dame and No. 4 Michigan all won on Saturday, though Michigan was not convincing at all in its 31-20 win over Indiana. The Wolverines take on No. 10 Ohio State this week in a game that will determine who wins the Big Ten East. Alabama takes on rival Auburn, and Clemson hosts in-state rival South Carolina on Saturday.
As for the rest of the SEC, there are six teams ranked. LSU comes in at No. 8, Florida is No. 13, Kentucky sits at No.18 and Mississippi State rounds things out at No. 20. LSU takes on Texas A&M on Saturday, while the other three teams take on in-state rivals. Florida plays Florida State, Kentucky faces off against Louisville and Mississippi State goes up against hated rival Ole Miss on Thursday.
The Bulldogs and Yellow Jackets meet on Saturday in Sanford Stadium at 12 p.m. ET. The game will air on the SEC Network and can also be heard on the radio on WSB 95.5 FM/750 AM. Georgia Tech has won the last two times these two teams have met in Athens, so Georgia will no doubt be looking for some revenge. The Bulldogs did beat the Yellow Jackets last year, 38-7 in Atlanta.
Below you can also see the rest of the week 13 Coaches Poll
Week 13 Coaches Poll
Best stories from around DawgNation
- WATCH Georgia players react to Justin Fields: ‘He does this all the time’
- The best social media reactions from Georgia’s massive win over UMass
- Georgia Bulldogs’ secondary gets torched by UMass WR Andy Isabella
- Report Card: Georgia plays elite-level offense, mediocre everywhere else vs. UMass
- Citadel 1st half at Alabama reminds Georgia of Georgia Tech option challenge
- Jake Fromm, Justin Fields show different faces of Georgia football vs. UMass
- Freak pre-game injury to Georgia LB Monty Rice adds to front seven woes
- No-sweat night for Georgia offense, which piles up points and yards on UMass
- Georgia football gets big day from QB Justin Fields, routs UMass 66-27
- WATCH: Georgia coach Kirby Smart challenged offense to start fast, and it never stopped