On Saturday, Georgia was far from perfect as the Bulldogs struggled in a number of phases in its 36-16 loss to LSU. And now that the Bulldogs no longer have a perfect record, they took a tumble in the Coaches Poll, dropping from No. 2 to No. 6.
A number of things went wrong for Georgia on Saturday. It gave up 275 rushing yards, were stagnant on offense for most of the day and made some critical mistakes on special teams. Jake Fromm in particular struggled as he completed just 16 of his 34 pass attempts while tossing two interceptions.
LSU, who moved up from No. 12 to No. 5, was clearly the better team in Tiger Stadium on Saturday.
Georgia wasn’t the only top 10 team to lose on Saturday, as No. 6 West Virginia, No. 7 Penn State and No. 8 Penn State all also lost. The top 4 is now Alabama at No. 1, Ohio State at No. 2, Clemson at No. 3 and Notre Dame at No. 4.
As for the SEC teams, there are 6 teams ranked, with Florida coming in at No. 12, Kentucky at No. 17 and Texas A&M at No. 18. Auburn, which was ranked No. 21, fell out of the rankings after a 30-24 loss to Tennessee at home. Georgia’s next three opponents are Florida (in Jacksonville, Fla.), Kentucky (in Lexington, Ky.) and Auburn.
The Bulldogs will have a bye week this week to correct some of the issues that came about during the LSU game.
Below you can see the whole Coaches Poll for week 8.
Coaches Poll Top 25 Week 8
Best Stories from around DawgNation
- Report Card: After bombing midterm exam, Georgia Bulldogs seek perfection rest of way
- Georgia’s heralded rushing attack went AWOL in loss to LSU
- LSU coach Ed Orgeron says Tigers had message to send to Georgia
- Kirby Smart defends Georgia QB Jake Fromm: ‘All the struggles weren’t his’ at LSU
- Georgia believed fake field goal vs. LSU would work based on film study
- Georgia coach Kirby Smart won’t second-guess not using Justin Fields more at LSU
- Georgia football stock report: LSU cashes in on Bulldogs’ mistakes