The Georgia Bulldogs were off this week as they prepared for their game in Jacksonville, Fla., against Florida. And while a team ahead of Georgia—Ohio State—lost, the Bulldogs were also jumped in the poll by another Big Ten team—Michigan.
Because of that, the Bulldogs stayed at No. 6 in the Coaches Poll heading into Week 9. The aforementioned Buckeyes were the only top-10 team to lose this week, as the Buckeyes fell, 49-20, at Purdue.
The new top four in the Coaches Poll is No. 1 Alabama, No. 2 Clemson, No. 3 Notre Dame and No. 4 LSU. Michigan is now No. 5 after its 21-7 road win over Michigan State.
There are a total of six SEC teams ranked this week, as Florida is No. 11, Kentucky is No. 14 and Texas A&M is No. 17. Kentucky, LSU and Alabama are all on byes this coming week, while Georgia, Florida and Texas A&M had their bye weeks this weekend. LSU and Alabama face each other on Nov. 3, which is the same day that Georgia visits Kentucky.
Georgia and Florida kickoff at 3:30 p.m. ET on CBS on Saturday. WSB Radio will also broadcast the game on 95.5 FM or AM 750. And before the game, ESPN’s College GameDay will be on hand to preview the game. This will be the first time since 2005 that College GameDay has visited the annual rivalry game. This is the first ranked matchup between Georgia and Florida since 2012.
Below you can find the full Coaches Poll Top 25 for Week 9.
Coaches Poll Top 25 Week 9
Best stories from around DawgNation
- College GameDay announces it’s headed to Jacksonville for Georgia-Florida
- The five Georgia players who need to have a strong ‘work week’
- By the numbers: Criticism of Jake Fromm is probably overstated
- Georgia football podcast: Jake Fromm should use Florida DB’s comments as motivation again
- 4 takeaways from Georgia basketball’s thrilling 56-54 exhibition win at UAB
- WATCH: Georgia football safety J.R. Reed says Bulldogs know ‘this is a man’s league’
- WATCH: The DawgNation conversation with 5-star RB John Emery Jr.