The Georgia Bulldogs picked up their fifth straight win on Saturday, as UGA rolled over in-state rival Georgia Tech, 45-21. And this result, coupled with a Michigan loss, moves the Bulldogs up to the No. 4 spot in the Coaches Poll.
Georgia quarterback Jake Fromm had a spectacular performance on Saturday, as he completed 13 of his 16 passes and threw for 4 touchdowns as well. Georgia also held Georgia Tech to a season-low 128 rushing yards. The Yellow Jackets came into the game with the nation’s No. 1 rushing offense, as they averaged more than 354 yards per game.
The Bulldogs are now the highest ranked one-loss team in the country. The top 3 in the rankings did not change, as No. 1 Alabama took down Auburn, No. 2 Clemson handled South Carolina and No. 3 Notre Dame beat USC. Oklahoma and Ohio State come in at No. 5 and No. 6 in the polls after both picked up big wins over ranked teams to end the regular season.
Oklahoma takes on Texas this week in the Big 12 championship game while Ohio State plays Northwestern in the Big Ten title game. Clemson takes on Pitt in the ACC Championship game. Notre Dame’s regular season is over, all but locking themselves into the College Football Playoff.
Georgia will play Alabama this coming Saturday in the SEC Championship game, in what will be a de-facto play-in game for the College Football Playoffs. The Bulldogs and Crimson Tide met in Atlanta for the national championship game last season, with the Crimson Tide coming away with a 26-23 victory in overtime.
With the regular season in the books, a total of seven SEC teams are ranked. LSU falls to No. 14 after its seven-overtime loss against Texas A&M, who is now No. 22. Florida came in at No. 10, Kentucky is No. 15 and Mississippi State rounds things at out at No. 19.
Georgia will now look to repeat as SEC champions this coming Saturday, as it takes on Alabama. The game will kickoff at 4 p.m. ET and air on CBS. The game will also be broadcast on the radio at WSB Radio 95.5 FM/750 AM.
Below, you can see the rest of the Coaches Poll:
Coaches Poll Week 14 Top 25
Best Stories from around DawgNation
- REPORT CARD: No. 5 Georgia Bulldogs play well but carry ‘absolutely nothing’ into Bama game
- Georgia’s win over Tech was domination at its most comprehensive
- Georgia scout team, new defensive starter Malik Herring make difference vs. Tech option
- UGA picks up commitment from 4-star DT Warren Brinson
- Georgia football players have message for Georgia Tech: ‘We run this state’
- Georgia football stock report: Bulldogs seniors exceed projections against Georgia Tech
- INSTANT ANALYSIS: No. 5 Georgia Bulldogs protect hedges, throttle Tech 45-21