The Bulldogs continued their unbeaten season on Saturday as they easily dispatched Vanderbilt 41-13, and in doing so ensured that they would remain as the No. 2 team in the Coaches Poll.
After the Vanderbilt win, Georgia improved to 6-0 on the season. Quarterback Jake Fromm had his best game of the season, as he threw for 276 yards and 3 touchdowns, while he sat for most of the second half. Georgia was also able to get D’Andre Swift going, as the sophomore running back found the endzone and amassed 99 yards on just 9 touches. Terry Godwin also scored his first touchdown of the season.
Week 6 saw a number of high-profile teams fall as both LSU and Oklahoma suffered their first losses of the season, while Auburn, another team that had been ranked in the top-10, also lost.
The top four remains unchanged as Alabama is still No. 1, Ohio State is still No. 3 and Clemson is No. 4. Notre Dame is now ranked No. 5, as the Fighting Irish moved up after beating Virginia Tech on the road on Saturday.
In total, there are seven SEC teams ranked in the Coaches Poll. LSU, who Georgia plays on this coming Saturday, dropped to No. 12 after losing 27-19 to Florida Gators. Florida now sits at No. 16. Auburn fell to No. 21 while Kentucky also dropped to No. 19 after losing at Texas A&M, who is ranked No. 22.
As mentioned above, Georgia visits LSU this week. This will be the first time that Georgia has played at LSU since 2008. The game is set for a 3:30 p.m. ET kickoff. The game will be broadcast on CBS but can also be heard on WSB Radio 95.5 FM/AM750.
Below you can see the entire coaches poll for week 7
Coaches Poll Top 25 Week 7
1. Alabama (6-0)
2. Georgia (6-0)
3. Ohio State (6-0)
4. Clemson (6-0)
5. Notre Dame (6-0)
6. West Virginia (5-0)
7. Washington (5-1)
8. Penn State (4-1)
9. UCF (5-0)
10. Wisconsin (4-1)
11. Oklahoma (5-1)
12. LSU (5-1)
13. Michigan (5-1)
14. Texas (5-1)
15. Miami (5-1)
16. Florida (5-1)
17. Oregon (4-1)
18. Colorado (5-0)
19. NC State (5-0)
20. Kentucky (5-1)
21. Auburn (4-2)
22. Texas A&M (4-2)
23. South Florida (5-0)
24. Stanford (4-2)
25. Cincinnati (6-0)
Best Stories from Around DawgNation
- WATCH: Kirby Smart says Georgia football ‘yet to put a complete game together’
- WATCH: Georgia DL Jonathan Ledbetter shares turning point in 41-13 win
- Report Card: Georgia’s Kirby Smart starting to grow impatient with lack of maturity
- Georgia football handles Vanderbilt and early deficit, 41-13
- WATCH: Georgia QB Jake Fromm shares keys to season-high pass performance against Vandy
- Georgia offense, QB Jake Fromm at their very best when in a hurry
- Georgia football stock report: Bulldogs’ assets take care of Vanderbilt business