Cover 4 on Georgia football: The Gators who pose the biggest problems for Saturday
DawgNation has four staffers who cover Georgia football from every angle: Beat, live streams, photos, podcasts, recruiting, etc. The “Cover 4” concept is: 1) Present a topic; 2) Offer a reasoned response; 3) Share a brisk statement to support that informed opinion. 4) Pepper the page with photos for the big picture. For this edition, we discuss the very best players that Florida will have on Saturday.
DawgNation continues with the “Cover 4” concept. The focus is always a timely look with each of our guys manning the secondary on a pertinent topic.
The quick in-and-out game remains. It is designed to come out quicker than former Bulldog Nick Chubb scored his third touchdown against the Baltimore Ravens earlier this year.
The latest “Cover 4” question is:
Which Florida Gators pose the biggest problems for Georgia on Saturday?
Brandon Adams: Kadarius Toney
The “why” from “DawgNation Daily” here: “It’s been a long time since Florida had offensive weapons worth your attention. The Gators have only scored a total of 24 points in the last two meetings with UGA. However, assuming Toney is healthy, the Bulldogs will have to know where he is on every snap.”
Mike Griffith: TE Kyle Pitts
The “why” from “On the Beat” here: “There aren’t many 6-foot-6, 239-pound tight ends like Pitts out there, and that’s why he’s Florida leading receiver by a wide margin (35 catches, 391 yards) to his point of the season. A potential matchup nightmare for Georgia, Pitts is too physical for most defensive backs and too fast for many linebackers. Could physical freshman DB Tyrique Stevenson be ready?“
Connor Riley: Kyle Pitts + The DE who’s not lined up on Andrew Thomas
The “why” from “Good Day UGA” here: “Georgia has struggled to defend opposing tight ends and Pitts might be the best one Georgia has faced to date. Florida has two very good defensive ends, and whichever one isn’t going against Thomas will have to make an impact on the Georgia offense.“
Jeff Sentell: ILB David Reese II
The Intel here: “Guess it would’ve been pretty easy to just name Mr. Pitts again here. Say his name three, four or five times like ‘Candyman’ and watch him turn the game tape into a horror film, right? But this report must include the name David Reese II. He’s currently leading the SEC in tackles with 66 stops. Who’s going to keep D’Andre Swift from explosive runs? A lot of that will have to fall on Reese.”
The 2019 season “Cover 4” topics so far:
- Name the Bulldog who delivers a key supporting role against Florida
- What’s the big area where the Bulldogs must “do more” to beat Florida?
- Cover 4: What will Georgia’s record look like at the end of the regular season?
- What is the toughest game left on the schedule?
- What is the biggest edge that Georgia will have on Notre Dame?
- Who has already opened our eyes after just two games?
- What is your take on the legendary Vince Dooley?
- Who has the biggest day against Murray State?
- The most improved Bulldog since last season is ….
- A few big non-score predictions for Georgia-Vanderbilt
- Which returning Bulldogs impressed the most in fall camp?
- The players set to become the new fan favorites for 2019 are ….
- What will convince you the Bulldogs are throwing the ball more this fall?
- What kind of numbers will D’Andre Swift put up in 2019?
- Jake Fromm’s best quality? The Cover 4 crew chops that one up