DawgNation has four staffers who cover Georgia football from every angle: Beat, live streams, photos, podcasts, recruiting, etc. The “Cover 4” concept is: 1) Present a topic; 2) Offer a reasoned response; 3) Share a brisk statement to support the informed opinion. 4) Pepper the page with photos for the big picture. For this edition, we discuss the biggest weapons that Tennessee will have on the field Saturday in Knoxville.
DawgNation continues with the “Cover 4” concept. The focus is always a timely “Cover 4” look with each of our guys manning the secondary on a pertinent topic.
The quick in-and-out game remains. These takes are designed to come out quicker than former Bulldog Nick Chubb scored his third touchdown against the Baltimore Ravens this year.
The latest “Cover 4” question is:
Which Volunteers will present matchup problems for Georgia on Saturday?
Brandon Adams: The Tennessee defensive backs
The “why” from “DawgNation Daily” here: “Cornerbacks Warren Burrell and Alontae Taylor are a little banged up, but safety Bryce Thompson is back from suspension for a Vols’ secondary that’s played a little better than you might realize. They’re second in the SEC in passing yards allowed (190 per game).”
Mike Griffith: WR Jauan Jennings, WR Marquez Callaway and DE Darrell Taylor
The “why” from “On the Beat” here: “Jennings and Callaway are big WR targets, both taller and thicker than projected starting Georgia corners DJ Daniel and Eric Stokes. Jennings might also line up at quarterback. Taylor (6-4, 255) is a talented edge rusher who sacked Fromm 3 times last season and forced 2 fumbles.“
Connor Riley: WR Jauan Jennings, WR Marquez Callaway and LB Henry To’oto’o
The “why” from “Good Day UGA” here: “Georgia’s banged up at corner right now and Jennings and Callaway are both good enough to take advantage of a hobbled secondary. As for To’oto’o, he’s been one of the few real bright spots for this Tennessee team in 2019.“
Jeff Sentell: WR Jauan Jennings
The Intel here: “The Intel you pick up on the Vols is their run game hasn’t really came alive yet this year. The storyline with former 5-star OL Trey Smith is intriguing since he’s playing almost the entire game right now. In the end, it is Jennings. He’s their top playmaker (298 yards, 4 TDs) on a team that could certainly use a few more on offense. How healthy will Georgia’s secondary be this week to check him? “
The 2019 season “Cover 4” topics so far:
- Debating the four playoff teams … right now and for down the road?
- What is the toughest game left on the schedule?
- What is the biggest edge that Georgia will have on Notre Dame?
- Who has already opened our eyes after just two games?
- What is your take on the legendary Vince Dooley?
- Who has the biggest day against Murray State?
- The most improved Bulldog since last season is ….
- A few big non-score predictions for Georgia-Vanderbilt
- Which returning Bulldogs impressed the most in fall camp?
- The players set to become the new fan favorites for 2019 are ….
- What will convince you the Bulldogs are throwing the ball more this fall?
- What kind of numbers will D’Andre Swift put up in 2019?
- Jake Fromm’s best quality? The Cover 4 crew chops that one up