DawgNation has four staffers who cover Georgia football from every angle: Beat, live streams, photos, podcasts, recruiting, etc. The “Cover 4” concept is: 1) Present a topic; 2) Offer a reasoned response; 3) Share a brisk statement to support the opinion. 4) Pepper the page with photos for the big picture. For this effort, we share our opinions on what Georgia’s record will look like at the end of the regular season.
DawgNation continues with the “Cover 4” concept. The focus is always a timely “Cover 4” look with each of our guys manning the secondary on a pertinent topic.
The quick in-and-out game remains. These takes are designed to come out quicker than former Bulldog Nick Chubb scored his third touchdown against the Baltimore Ravens this year.
The latest “Cover 4” question is:
What is your prediction for Georgia’s regular-season record?
Brandon Adams: 11-1
The “why” from “DawgNation Daily” here: “ESPN FPI only gives UGA a 5.6 percent chance of winning its remaining games, but the Bulldogs have played well in back-to-the-wall situations before. Hopefully, for fans’ sake, the win-or-else scenario facing UGA will cause Kirby Smart to throw caution to the wind and start playing more aggressively.”
Mike Griffith: 11-1
The “why” from “On the Beat” here: “Georgia is the most balanced team, and the overtime loss to South Carolina is precisely the sort of wake-up call the program needed. Kirby Smart has proven he can motivate a team, and Jake Fromm is a steady leader in the clubhouse.“
Connor Riley: 11-1
The “why” from “Good Day UGA” here: “While the offense does have major flaws at the moment, I’m not ready to believe that Florida and Auburn are good enough offensively to really get the best of this Georgia defense. And I don’t count on Jake Fromm turning the ball over four times in a game again.“
Jeff Sentell: 11-1
The Intel here: “Logic says to type a 10-2 here. Given what we’ve seen, there will be another South Carolina-ish effort facing Auburn, Florida, Missouri or even sagging Texas A&M. But these elements remain: 1) Georgia has more talent than everyone it sees the rest of the way; 2) UGA offers the best combo of strong defense and good-to-great offensive potential of those teams moving forward. UGA will get better. It has the depth to survive any injuries which lie ahead. Want to know what we haven’t seen? A ticked-off Georgia team. It should loom large. If not, the identity of this program is not what we thought it was.”
Recent “Cover 4” topics of note:
- Who is Georgia’s midseason MVP?
- What does Georgia need to do to recover and win the SEC East?
- The South Carolina Gamecocks to watch out for
- Which Tennessee Vols can hurt Georgia?
- Debating the nation’s top 4 teams…for now and down the road
- Which SEC East rival poses the biggest threat?
- What is the toughest game left on the schedule?
- What is the biggest edge that Georgia will have on Notre Dame?
- Who has already opened our eyes after just two games?
- What is your take on the legendary Vince Dooley?
- The most improved Bulldog since last season is ….
- What kind of numbers will D’Andre Swift put up in 2019?
- Jake Fromm’s best quality? The Cover 4 crew chops that one up