Cover 4 on Georgia football: Which team should DawgNation favor in that huge LSU-Alabama game?
DawgNation has four staffers who cover Georgia football from every angle: Beat, live streams, photos, podcasts, recruiting, etc. The “Cover 4” concept is: 1) Present a topic; 2) Offer a reasoned response; 3) Share a brisk statement to support that informed opinion. 4) Pepper the page with photos for the big picture. For this edition, we discuss which team DawgNation should favor in Saturday’s huge Alabama-LSU game.
DawgNation continues with the “Cover 4” concept. The focus is always a timely look with each of our guys manning the secondary on a pertinent topic.
The quick in-and-out game remains. It is designed to come out quicker than former Bulldog Nick Chubb scored his third touchdown against the Baltimore Ravens earlier this year.
The latest “Cover 4” question is:
Which team should DawgNation favor in today’s huge Alabama-LSU game?
Brandon Adams: It doesn’t matter
The “why” from “DawgNation Daily” here: “The value of “controlling your own destiny” is there’s no need for scoreboard watching. UGA fans should tune in to the game because it’ll probably be entertaining, but rooting for a team other than your own is something lesser programs do — such as Florida.”
Mike Griffith: Georgia should hope that Alabama wins.
The “why” from “On the Beat” here: “Georgia has proven it can out-play Alabama, it’s just a matter of finishing the game against the Tide. An SEC Championship win over Nick Saban would be much sweeter than a win over LSU.“
Connor Riley: Alabama
The “why” from “Good Day UGA” here: “I’m not going to twist my brain into a pretzel by trying to consider the ramifications for the College Football Playoff. But Georgia has had its torch snuffed in each of the last two seasons by Alabama. The Bulldogs and Smart should want another crack at the Crimson Tide to try and beat them.“
Jeff Sentell: Alabama
The Intel here: “The benchmark for a successful 2019 season was going to be simple: Return to the SEC Championship game after winning the East Division. Win the SEC. Everything else was house money after that. With all the ‘do more’ and ‘means more’ catchphrases out there, there’s no more satisfying of a scenario for DawgNation than to meet up with Alabama again and take them down in Atlanta. It still looms as a Ric Flair ‘Be the Man’ hurdle for the program.”
The 2019 season “Cover 4” topics so far:
- Who is coaching Georgia when Ohio State comes to town in 2030?
- The Florida Gators who can do the most damage against Georgia are …
- Name the Bulldog who delivers a key supporting role against Florida
- What’s the big area where the Bulldogs must “do more” to beat Florida?
- Cover 4: What will Georgia’s record look like at the end of the regular season?
- What is the toughest game left on the schedule?
- What is the biggest edge that Georgia will have on Notre Dame?
- Who has already opened our eyes after just two games?
- What is your take on the legendary Vince Dooley?
- Who has the biggest day against Murray State?
- The most improved Bulldog since last season is ….
- A few big non-score predictions for Georgia-Vanderbilt
- Which returning Bulldogs impressed the most in fall camp?
- The players set to become the new fan favorites for 2019 are ….
- What will convince you the Bulldogs are throwing the ball more this fall?
- What kind of numbers will D’Andre Swift put up in 2019?
- Jake Fromm’s best quality? The Cover 4 crew chops that one up