Cover 4 on Georgia football: Who is the midseason MVP for the Bulldogs?
DawgNation has four staffers who cover Georgia football from every angle: Beat, live streams, photos, podcasts, recruiting, etc. The “Cover 4” concept is: 1) Present a topic; 2) Offer a reasoned response; 3) Share a brisk statement to support the opinion. 4) Pepper the page with photos for the big picture. For this edition, we give our opinion on Georgia’s midseason MVPs.
DawgNation continues with the “Cover 4” concept. The focus is always a timely “Cover 4” look with each of our guys manning the secondary on a pertinent topic.
The quick in-and-out game remains. These takes are designed to come out quicker than former Bulldog Nick Chubb scored his third touchdown against the Baltimore Ravens this year.
The latest “Cover 4” question is:
Who is the Georgia football midseason MVP?
Brandon Adams: D’Andre Swift and Eric Stokes (TIE)
The “why” from “DawgNation Daily” here: “UGA’s offense has underwhelmed, but Swift isn’t to blame. He remains the Bulldogs’ most reliable weapon, and Stokes (tied for third in the SEC with seven passes broken up) is becoming a true lockdown cornerback.”
Mike Griffith: Jake Fromm
The “why” from “On the Beat” here: “It all starts — or ends — with Jake Fromm. Fromm’s ability to call plays at the line of scrimmage is a huge advantage, particularly when he’s also able to execute them. Fromm is slowed this season by a completely made over receiving corps after losing the top 5 pass catchers from a year ago.“
Connor Riley: Jake Fromm
The “why” from “Good Day UGA” here: “Saturday only strengthened his case for the award. If he doesn’t play well, Georgia is going to struggle to win games.“
Jeff Sentell: J.R. Reed
The Intel here: “There are only a handful of candidates. Rodrigo Blankenship. Lawrence Cager. Jake Fromm. Azeez Ojulari. J.R. Reed. Eric Stokes. D’Andre Swift. Andrew Thomas. The lean here is to the best player and leader from the team’s best unit. Not the most important player or top draft prospect. Reed is second on the team in tackles and in passes defended. He had that huge INT against the Irish and also added a scoop-and-score TD.”
Recent “Cover 4” topics of note:
- What does Georgia need to do to recover and win the SEC East?
- The South Carolina Gamecocks to watch out for
- Which Tennessee Vols can hurt Georgia?
- Debating the nation’s top 4 teams…for now and down the road
- Which SEC East rival poses the biggest threat?
- What is the toughest game left on the schedule?
- What is the biggest edge that Georgia will have on Notre Dame?
- Who has already opened our eyes after just two games?
- What is your take on the legendary Vince Dooley?
- The most improved Bulldog since last season is ….
- What kind of numbers will D’Andre Swift put up in 2019?
- Jake Fromm’s best quality? The Cover 4 crew chops that one up