DawgNation has four staffers who cover Georgia football from every angle: Beat, live streams, photos, podcasts, recruiting, etc. The “Cover 4” is: 1) Present a topic; 2) Offer a reasoned response; 3) Share a brisk statement to support that informed opinion. 4) Pepper the page with photos for the big picture. For this edition, we discuss which parts of the team must amp up their game to beat Florida.
DawgNation continues with the “Cover 4” concept. The focus is always a timely look with each of our guys manning the secondary on a pertinent topic.
The quick in-and-out game remains. It is designed to come out quicker than former Bulldog Nick Chubb scored his third touchdown against the Baltimore Ravens earlier this year.
The latest “Cover 4” question is:
Which Bulldog will be that key supporting character to help take down Florida?
Brandon Adams: Jake Fromm
The “why” from “DawgNation Daily” here: “Fromm isn’t exactly a “supporting character.” He’s more of a matinee idol, but he was great vs. Florida last year (240 yds and three touchdowns), and he’ll likely need to return to that form Saturday for the Bulldogs to win again.”
Mike Griffith: D’Andre Swift
The “why” from “On the Beat” here: “It’s going to take inspired running and broken tackles, because Florida is going to stack the box all day and Kirby Smart will continue to pound away as long as his defense keeps Georgia ahead or within striking distance. It’s a legacy game for No. 7, who can also do enough damage as a receiver to decide the outcome.“
Connor Riley: Azeez Ojulari and Nolan Smith
The “why” from “Good Day UGA” here: “Florida has a wealth of pass catchers. And while Georgia has a great secondary, Ojulari and Smith have to make things difficult for Florida quarterback Kyle Trask.“
Jeff Sentell: Azeez Ojulari and Nolan Smith
The Intel here: “Maybe this stems from watching all the Jarvis Jones highlights this week. Or maybe it is that Ojulari is the best pass rusher on the team this year. Maybe it is the fact Smith has all the potential to be one of the nation’s best pass rushers. It may a half-season too early for Smith, but the feeling here is those two can have a Jarvis-sized impact on this rivalry. Given his Savannah ties, it sets up for Smith to heavily impact this series for the next three years. “
The 2019 season “Cover 4” topics so far:
- What is the key area where Georgia must “do more” to topple Florida?
- Cover 4: What will Georgia’s record look like at the end of the regular season?
- What is the toughest game left on the schedule?
- What is the biggest edge that Georgia will have on Notre Dame?
- Who has already opened our eyes after just two games?
- What is your take on the legendary Vince Dooley?
- Who has the biggest day against Murray State?
- The most improved Bulldog since last season is ….
- A few big non-score predictions for Georgia-Vanderbilt
- Which returning Bulldogs impressed the most in fall camp?
- The players set to become the new fan favorites for 2019 are ….
- What will convince you the Bulldogs are throwing the ball more this fall?
- What kind of numbers will D’Andre Swift put up in 2019?
- Jake Fromm’s best quality? The Cover 4 crew chops that one up