Cover 4: What is the biggest thing UGA football fans have to smile about at midseason?
DawgNation has four staffers who cover the UGA football team from every angle: Beat, live streams, photos, podcasts, recruiting, etc. The Cover 4 aim is simple: 1) Present a topic; 2) Offer a reasoned response; 3) Share a brisk statement to support the informed opinion.
Big game this weekend. The talking heads are all pointing to this and that.
Statement Saturdays time. Yet the Cover 4 play call for this edition is to highlight the present. Not what is to be on Saturday.
It seems necessary to echo the big stat coming out of last weekend’s validations with Vanderbilt.
The Bulldogs have gotten off to back-to-back 6-0 starts to their season for the first time in program history.
That’s pretty sporty. To say the least.
We promise the topic for today was not simply the chance to get a cheerleader on the DawgNation home page with that. (It was really an effort to get the chance to show off a nice “Hot Rod” snap. I’m just about convinced that DawgNation loves Blankenship more than anything in the program right now. Even UGA X and all those cheerleaders.)
The Cover 4 question at hand: What’s the biggest reason right now for fans to smile about?
These takes are designed to come out even faster than Georgia and LSU fans can fire up those tailgates on Saturday morning.
What is the biggest reason for UGA football fans to smile about right now?
Brandon Adams: D’Andre Swift’s TD catch vs. Vanderbilt
The why from Adams: The way he ran after hauling in that catch was a glimpse of the guy who put the SEC Championship Game on ice last December, and the guy that UGA will need down the stretch again this year.
Chip Towers: Rodrigo Blankenship
The why from Towers Take: The redshirt junior place-kicker is just a joy to watch as he happily goes about his work and does so with lethal efficiency.
Mike Griffith: Georgia is 6-0 and has not played its best football
The why from On The Beat: The Bulldogs still have young players evolving and getting better each week.
Jeff Sentell: Playing at a high level despite a lot of inexperience
Why: This team is very young, but it has not allowed that to morph into sloppy one-score wins like top 5 peers Clemson and Notre Dame have.
The Cover 4 so far
- What was the best game the Bulldogs have played so far?
- Who is the most exciting Bulldog to watch right now?
- What will be the major midseason storyline for UGA football?
- What part of the team are fans are expecting too much out of?
- Who is the fastest Bulldog on the 2018 team?
- Which opponent is getting overlooked right now?
- Where does UGA have the biggest edge on South Carolina?
- What is the big advantage South Carolina has this week?
- Who is the best player that Georgia will face this season?
- What will Georgia’s final record be this year?
- Which one of those talented pups will make the biggest impact on the defense?
- What is the strongest position on the team?
- Who will be the MVP of the defense?
- Who is the most indispensable player on the team this fall?
- Which player seems like the most “slept on” for 2018?
- Cover 4 on which team on the schedule can take down UGA
- The UGA Cover 4 shines its light on the most improved player for 2018
- UGA Cover 4: This storyline is not getting the focus it should
Do you have your own opinion? DawgNation would love to hear your one-sentence why in the comments field below.