Georgia football is the No. 1 topic every day on DawgNation Daily — the daily podcast for Georgia Bulldogs fans. Catch up on everything happening with UGA athletics with host Brandon Adams and the cast of DawgNation experts as they break down the latest Georgia football recruiting news and discuss UGA coach Kirby Smart’s quest to return the Bulldogs to the top of the SEC. On episode No. 594 (Dec. 7, 2017) of the podcast, Georgia fans can hear a discussion about Oklahoma quarterback Baker Mayfield’s response to UGA fans who blew up his phone with taunting text messages and calls.
Georgia football podcast: Baker Mayfield has surprising response to UGA fans’ taunts
Beginning of the show: Oklahoma quarterback Baker Mayfield’s phone number was discovered by some UGA fans, but the likely Heisman winner wasn’t bothered by the taunts he received, according to what he said to DawgNation on Wednesday. I’ll talk on the Thursday show about why Mayfield’s response is different from what some would expect from him based on the brash persona he’s constructed.
10-minute mark: I talk about 5-star defensive end Brenton Cox’s de-commitment from Ohio State.
15-minute mark: DawgNation’s Seth Emerson joins the show. Some of the topics covered include:
- Rumors connecting UGA wide receivers coach James Coley to Texas A&M
- Seth’s thoughts on Mayfield
- What Oklahoma running back Rodney Anderson’s legal situation means for his availability for the Rose Bowl
- The latest on UGA linebacker Natrez Patrick and wide receiver Jayson Stanley after their arrest Saturday night
- How serious things got between Tennessee and UGA defensive coordinator Mel Tucker in regards to the Volunteers’ open coaching job
- Whether Jeremy Pruitt’s high-profile tension with other UGA coaches during his tenure with the Bulldogs harmed his candidacy for the Tennessee job
30-minute mark: I take a look at some other SEC headlines, including who Pruitt might bring with him to the Vols, the chances Hugh Freeze could become an SEC offensive coordinator, and why the Volunteers didn’t pursue former Tennessee quarterback Tee Martin more seriously.
35-minute mark: I talk about some photos that have emerged of UGA assistants busy on the recruiting trail, and share a graphic from DawgNation Daily listener/viewer Raymond Cox that’s helpful for Rose Bowl travel planning.
End of show: I update the Gator Hater Countdown, and mock Florida for losing to Loyola-Chicago.
For the Wednesday (Dec. 6) show, click here.
The video version of DawgNation Daily can be found here.
You can find older episodes of the show by clicking https://www.dawgnation.com/collection/dawgnation-daily-podcast
DawgNation Daily is available for download in the iTunes store. https://itun.es/us/mN-T9.c