Georgia football is the No. 1 topic every day on DawgNation Daily — the daily podcast for Georgia Bulldogs fans. Catch up on everything happening with UGA athletics with host Brandon Adams and the cast of DawgNation experts as they break down the latest Georgia football recruiting news and discuss UGA coach Kirby Smart’s quest to return the Bulldogs to the top of the SEC. On episode No. 574 (Nov. 9, 2017) of the podcast, UGA fans can hear a discussion about what Auburn coach Gus Malzahn said about the Georgia defense.
Georgia football podcast: Gus Malzahn gives UGA defense big compliment
Beginning of the show: I discuss why Auburn coach Gus Malzahn is impressed with Georgia’s defense, and what UGA needs to do defensively against Auburn on Saturday to disrupt Tigers quarterback Jarrett Stidham.
10-minute mark: I announce the latest winner of our Own The East T-shirt giveaway and explain why CBS Sports analyst Gary Danielson has some questions about UGA’s strength of schedule.
15-minute mark: DawgNation’s Seth Emerson joins the show. Some of the topics covered include:
- The strength of UGA’s win at Notre Dame
- How UGA has remained mostly healthy this season
- The role former coach and athletic director Vince Dooley could have played in making a major change to the UGA-Auburn rivalry
- Some thoughts on UGA quarterback Jake Fromm
- What defensive coordinator Mel Tucker might have in store for Auburn
- The impact linebacker Natrez Patrick should make in his expected return from suspension
- And a look at the “leverage” UGA coach Kirby Smart may have gained from a successful second season on the job, and how Smart might attempt to use some of that new-found power this offseason
30-minute mark: I take a look at some other SEC headlines, including a report on how Smart was once a candidate for the Auburn job, some former Auburn players saying they thought of UGA as a bigger rival than Alabama, Tennessee coach Butch Jones responding to recent de-commitments from his program, and an update on Florida ― which just lost 4-star wide receiver Ja’marr Chase to de-commitment.
35-minute mark: I discuss why ESPN analyst Joey Galloway is impressed with Fromm and says he thinks Fromm gives UGA an edge over Alabama.
End of show: I update the Gator Hater Countdown, invite DawgNation to visit us at Marlow’s in Roswell Thursday night for our Big Game Preview, and encourage listeners and viewers to participate in our Own The East T-shirt giveaway.
For the Wednesday (Nov. 8) show, click here.
The video version of DawgNation Daily can be found here.
You can find older episodes of the show by clicking https://www.dawgnation.com/collection/dawgnation-daily-podcast
DawgNation Daily is available for download in the iTunes store. https://itun.es/us/mN-T9.c