Georgia football podcast: Jake Fromm says UGA’s goal is to ‘dominate everybody in the East’
Georgia football is the No. 1 topic every day on DawgNation Daily — the daily podcast for Georgia Bulldogs fans. Catch up on everything happening with UGA athletics with host Brandon Adams and the cast of DawgNation experts as they break down the latest Georgia football recruiting news and discuss UGA coach Kirby Smart’s quest to keep the Bulldogs on top of the SEC. On episode No. 679 (April 6, 2018) of the podcast, Georgia fans can hear a discussion about Georgia quarterback Jake Fromm.
Georgia football podcast: Jake Fromm says UGA’s goal to ‘dominate everybody in the East’
Beginning of the show: Georgia’s goal this season is to “dominate everybody in the East” according to UGA quarterback Jake Fromm — who spoke to the media Thursday. I’ll share some audio from Fromm on that subject and on his ongoing competition with incoming freshman Justin Fields.
10-minute mark: UGA coach Kirby Smart recently offered an interesting assessment of incoming freshman wide receiver Kearis Jackson. I’ll share details of how Jackson is standing out in comparison to some other Bulldogs wide receivers.
15-minute mark: DawgNation recruiting insider Jeff Sentell joins the show. Some of the topics covered include:
- A great response from 5-star wide receiver — and UGA commit — Jadon Haselwood to high school teammate, and 4-star defensive lineman, Rashad Cheney announcing his commitment to Alabama
- Whether Cheney’s Alabama pledge should be considered a surprise
- What recruits are saying about new UGA wide receivers coach Cortez Hankton
- An explanation of what happened with 4-star quarterback Ryan Hilinski’s decision to commit to South Carolina
- A terrific description from a recruit about the leadership Fromm is showing at practice
- A preview of a conversation likely to heat up soon involving 2020 running back Zachary Evans
30-minute mark: I take a look at some other SEC headlines including Bear Bryant’s great-grandson committing to Alabama, Auburn coach Gus Malzahn holding quarterback Jarrett Stidham out of the Tigers spring game, and a deep look at how UGA is expected to fare this season according to ESPN FPI data.
35-minute mark: I update the Kroger Click List Checklist, including the Diamond Dawgs looking to stay hot at Vanderbilt, the softball team hosting Missouri, the Gym Dawgs competing in the NCAA Regional, and four former UGA golfers participating in the Masters.
End of show: I update the Gator Hater Countdown and mention a freshman offensive lineman who’s apparently earning some compliments this spring.
For the Thursday (April 5) show, click here.
For the video version of the Friday show, click here.
For older episodes of DawgNation Daily, click here.