Georgia football is the No. 1 topic every day on DawgNation Daily — the daily podcast for Georgia Bulldogs fans. Catch up on everything happening with UGA athletics with host Brandon Adams and the cast of DawgNation experts as they break down the latest Georgia football recruiting news and discuss UGA coach Kirby Smart’s quest to keep the Bulldogs on top of the SEC. On episode No. 804 (Oct. 16, 2018) of the podcast, Georgia fans can hear a discussion about Georgia quarterback Justin Fields.
Georgia football podcast: SEC Network analyst offers harsh assessment of Justin Fields
Beginning of the show: Georgia quarterback Justin Fields isn’t ready for “primetime” yet according to SEC Network analyst Greg McElroy — who made those comments on the Paul Finebaum Show Monday. I’ll talk more on today’s show about whether McElroy’s assessment of Fields is fair.
10-minute mark: I’ll talk about the ways in which UGA’s defense could improve after exposing some issues vs. LSU.
15-minute mark: DawgNation’s recruiting insider Jeff Sentell joins the show. Some of the topics covered include…
- How recruits — including 5-star running back John Emery Jr. — viewed the Bulldogs’ loss to LSU
- Jeff’s thoughts on Fields
- Reaction to a tough day against the Tigers for Georgia freshman cornerback Tyson Campbell
- A look at freshmen who could emerge on defense
- And some thoughts on when fans might see more from UGA freshman running back James Cook
40-minute mark: I take a look at where the other SEC teams landed in the latest Associated Press Top 25.
45-minute mark: I react to Smart’s explanation for the botched fake field-goal attempt against LSU.
End of show: I update the Gator Hater Countdown.