Georgia football is the No. 1 topic every day on DawgNation Daily — the daily podcast for Georgia Bulldogs fans. Catch up on everything happening with UGA athletics with host Brandon Adams and the cast of DawgNation experts as they discuss UGA coach Kirby Smart’s quest to return the Bulldogs to the top of the SEC and break down the latest Georgia football recruiting news. On episode No. 572 (Nov. 7, 2017) of the podcast, UGA fans can hear a discussion about how some national experts are helping Georgia coach Kirby Smart craft a message for his team.
Georgia football podcast: National experts help Kirby Smart deliver important message
Beginning of the show: Georgia coach Kirby Smart wants his team focused on Auburn and not thinking about any of the so-called “rat poison” of winning the SEC East or being ranked No. 1. That message is more easily delivered, given that a few national experts think Auburn deserves to be the point-spread favorite Saturday. I’ll talk more about the game vs. the Tigers on the show Tuesday.
10-minute mark: I announce the winner of the drawing from Monday for an Own The East T-shirt.
15-minute mark: DawgNation recruiting insider Jeff Sentell joins the show. Some of the topics covered include:
- Who 4-star defensive end Azeez Ojulari has on his wish list to join him in UGA’s 2018 class
- The chances UGA could earn commitments from a trio of elite offensive linemen: 5-star prospects Jamaree Salyer and Cade Mays, and 4-star prospect Trey Hill
- How Ojulari compares to other potential pass rushers in the 2018 class
- UGA’s chances with players considering South Carolina: 4-star defensive tackle Rick Sandidge and 4-star linebacker Channing Tindall
- Some thoughts on 5-star running back Zamir White’s incredible senior season
- And a preview of our event Thursday night at Marlow’s Tavern in Roswell, Ga.
30-minute mark: I take a look at some other stories around the SEC including UGA’s chances of staying at No. 1 when the College Football Playoff rankings are released Tuesday night, a surprising stat that indicates how important the game Saturday is for Auburn, and coaching rumors involving Florida State coach Jimbo Fisher and former Oregon coach Chip Kelly.
35-minute mark: I ask whether a new report about alleged improper benefits involving Alabama’s 2009 team suggest UGA mishandled issues in its past involving former wide receiver AJ Green and running back Todd Gurley.
End of show: I update the Gator Hater Countdown.
For the Monday (Nov. 6) show, click here.
The video version of DawgNation Daily can be found here.
You can find older episodes of the show by clicking https://www.dawgnation.com/collection/dawgnation-daily-podcast
DawgNation Daily is available for download in the iTunes store. https://itun.es/us/mN-T9.c