Georgia football is the No. 1 topic every day on DawgNation Daily — the daily podcast for Georgia Bulldogs fans. Catch up on everything happening with UGA athletics with host Brandon Adams and the cast of DawgNation experts as they discuss UGA coach Kirby Smart’s quest to return the Bulldogs to the top of the SEC, and break down the latest Georgia football recruiting news. On episode No. 450 (May 19, 2017) of the podcast, Georgia Bulldogs fans can hear a discussion about whether UGA RB Nick Chubb can surpass an important program record held by Herschel Walker.
Georgia football podcast: Can Nick Chubb break record held by Herschel Walker?
Beginning of the show: All indications are that Nick Chubb is fully healthy after injuring his left knee in 2015, and that has fans and media alike suggesting Chubb could challenge former UGA great Herschel Walker for the program record for most 100-yard rushing games in a a career.
11-minute mark: DawgNation recruiting insider Jeff Sentell joins the show. Some of the topics covered include…
- Four-star RB Dameon Pierce’s decision to de-commit from Alabama and the impact it could have on UGA
- Where things stand with 3-star RB Master Teague — who included UGA in his recently announced top 3
- The latest on 5-star RB Zamir White
- The realistic chances Georgia could grow its relationship with 4-star DB Tyson Campbell
- Why UGA offensive line coach Sam Pittman continues to make a positive impact on UGA recruiting
- And why 4-star S Trey Dean is delaying his decision
27-minute mark: I look at headlines from around the SEC including misdemeanor drug charges for Florida WR Antonio Callaway, a pair of former top recruits leaving Auburn, and an interesting strategy by LSU to combat Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh.
32-minute mark: I talk about a recent revelation that UGA coach Kirby Smart throws cornhole beanbags overhanded.
For our show from Thursday, click here.
The video version of DawgNation Daily can be found here.