Georgia football podcast: Tennessee defensive coordinator Bob Shoop calls UGA game ‘a little scary’
Georgia football is the No. 1 topic every day on DawgNation Daily — the daily podcast for Georgia Bulldogs fans. Catch up on everything happening with UGA athletics with host Brandon Adams and the cast of DawgNation experts as they discuss UGA coach Kirby Smart’s quest to return the Bulldogs to the top of the SEC and break down the latest Georgia football recruiting news. On episode No. 544 (Sept. 28, 2017) of the podcast, UGA fans can hear a discussion about why Tennessee defensive coordinator Bob Shoop is concerned about UGA.
Georgia football podcast: Tennessee DC calls UGA game ‘a little scary’
Beginning of the show: Tennessee defensive coordinator Bob Shoop has concerns about Georgia. I’ll share audio of what Shoop said about the Bulldogs this week, and address whether his comments demonstrate a UGA offense that’s turned a corner.
10-minute mark: UGA coach Kirby Smart is impressed with one Tennessee player, calling him the best he’s seen at his position in quite some time. I’ll play that clip and share other thoughts Smart had about the game Saturday against the Volunteers.
15-minute mark: DawgNation’s Seth Emerson joins the show. Some of the topics covered include:
- The chances quarterback Jacob Eason could take a snap vs. Tennessee
- Whether Jake Fromm is playing too well to be benched
- If UGA’s season would be a disappointment without an SEC Championship Game appearance
- An evaluation of offensive coordinator Jim Chaney after the offense’s successful performance vs. Mississippi State
- An update on running back Elijah Holyfield’s role
- The latest on injuries to offensive guard Solomon Kindley and defensive back Malkom Parrish
- And a look at Seth’s article on UGA tennis coach Manny Diaz, whose parents recently left Puerto Rico after Hurricane Maria
30-minute mark: I take a look at some other SEC headlines, including former Tennessee quarterback Peyton Manning’s defense of Volunteers coach Butch Jones, Florida coach Jim McElwain’s latest update on the nine suspended players who face felony charges, a potential motivational ploy from Alabama coach Nick Saban to his team through the media, and a rumor about a big-name coach who could return to the SEC.
35-minute mark: CBS play-by-play broadcaster Brad Nessler joins the show to preview the game against Tennessee.
End of show: I update the Gator Hater Countdown.
For the Wednesday (Sept. 27) show, click here.
The video version of DawgNation Daily can be found here.
You can find older episodes of the show by clicking https://www.dawgnation.com/collection/dawgnation-daily-podcast
DawgNation Daily is available for download in the iTunes store. https://itun.es/us/mN-T9.c