Georgia football podcast: UGA preparing for one of best classes ever
Georgia football is the No. 1 topic every day on DawgNation Daily — the daily podcast for Georgia Bulldogs fans. Catch up on everything happening with UGA athletics with host Brandon Adams and the cast of DawgNation experts as they break down the latest Georgia football recruiting news and discuss UGA coach Kirby Smart’s quest to keep the Bulldogs on top of the SEC. On episode No. 602 (Dec. 19, 2017) of the podcast, Georgia fans can hear a discussion about why some are saying Georgia will produce a historically good recruiting class.
Georgia football podcast: UGA preparing for one of their best classes ever
Beginning of the show: The early signing period begins Wednesday. The earlier date is a challenge for most college football teams that are forced to balance recruiting efforts with ongoing bowl preparations, but it’s probably going to produce extraordinary results for Georgia. The Bulldogs are expected to compete for the nation’s No. 1 class, and there are suggestions UGA’s class could end up as the best in the program’s history. I’ll talk more about why on the show.
10-minute mark: I’ll address what UGA coach Kirby Smart said Monday about UGA linebacker Natrez Patrick.
15-minute mark: DawgNation recruiting insider Jeff Sentell joins the show to discuss:
- What happened over the weekend with 5-star offensive lineman Jamaree Salyer
- The story of how 5-star quarterback Justin Fields arrived at his decision to sign Wednesday
- Why Jeff thinks there’s little reason for UGA fans to worry about 4-star running back James Cook’s visit to Florida State
- Whether 5-star linebacker Adam Anderson will sign his letter of intent Wednesday
- Some predictions about uncommitted prospects, including 4-star defensive back Divaad Wilson, 5-star defensive end Brenton Cox, and 5-star offensive lineman Cade Mays
- And a look at the possible signing-day “surprise”
30-minute mark: I take a look at some of the other SEC recruiting storylines.
End of show: I update the Gator Hater Countdown, mention UGA’s basketball game vs. Georgia Tech, and invite DawgNation Daily listeners and viewers to join us at Marlow’s-Emory Point on Tuesday night for our Countdown to Signing Day special event.
For the Monday (Dec. 18) show, click here.
For the video version of the Tuesday show, click here.
You can find older episodes of the show by clicking https://www.dawgnation.com/collection/dawgnation-daily-podcast
DawgNation Daily is available for download in the iTunes store. https://itun.es/us/mN-T9.c