Podcast: 3 former 5-star recruits ready to breakout for UGA
Georgia football is the No. 1 topic today and every day on DawgNation Daily — the daily podcast for Georgia Bulldogs fans. Catch up on everything happening with UGA athletics with host Brandon Adams and the cast of DawgNation experts as they discuss UGA coach Kirby Smart’s quest to return the Bulldogs to the top of the SEC, and break down the latest Georgia football recruiting news. On episode No. 425 (April 14, 2017) of the podcast, Georgia Bulldogs fans can hear:
Beginning of show: I talk about why Georgia wide receivers Terry Godwin and Mecole Hardman and tight end Isaac Nauta — all former 5-star prospects — could be on the verge of being major contributors to the UGA offense this season.
15 minute mark: DawgNation recruiting insider Jeff Sentell joins the show. Some of the topics we cover include…
- Transfer defensive tackle Breiden Fehoko’s visit to UGA this weekend
- Whether Clemson is a legitimate threat to 5-star offensive lineman Jamaree Salyer
- Whether UGA’s recruiting momentum is harmed if Salyer doesn’t announce until National Signing Day
- The chances that 5-star defensive back Tyreke Johnson is trending away from the Bulldogs
- Is Georgia’s 2018 recruiting class — with only two current commits — behind schedule?
- Possible visitors for next Saturday’s G-Day game — including 4-star linebacker Channing Tindall
35 minute mark: I take a look at some of the other news from around the SEC including some possible legal trouble for a current Alabama player, a bar altercation involving a former Florida player, and the suggestion that Auburn’s road schedule could be too tough for the Tigers to be SEC contenders this season.
End of show: I wish a happy Easter to DawgNation and send out a special thank you to my former employers at 790 The Zone in Atlanta for a fantastic 20th anniversary party on Thursday night.
The video version of DawgNation Daily can be found here.