Podcast: 5-star RB Zamir White excites UGA fans on Twitter
Georgia football is the No. 1 topic today and every day on DawgNation Daily — the daily podcast for Georgia Bulldogs fans. Catch up on everything happening with UGA athletics with host Brandon Adams and the cast of DawgNation experts as they discuss UGA coach Kirby Smart’s quest to return the Bulldogs to the top of the SEC, and break down the latest Georgia football recruiting news. On episode No. 421 (April 10, 2017) of the podcast, Georgia Bulldogs fans can hear:
Beginning of the show: 5-star running back Zamir White tweeted out an indication he made a surprise visit to Athens, Ga., on Saturday night after spending the day at Clemson for the Tigers’ spring game. I’ll discuss what another visit to UGA means for the Bulldogs’ chances of landing White.
10 minute mark: The Georgia offense led by quarterback Jacob Eason reportedly had another strong performance against the UGA defense in Saturday’s scrimmage, but will fans notice the offensive improvement when the unit is showcased during the upcoming G-Day?
15 minute mark: DawgNation’s Chip Towers joins the show. Some of the topics we cover include…
- Chip’s impression of the Bulldogs offense — including how freshman quarterback Jake Fromm played during the scrimmage
- Whether it’s bad news that UGA’s wide receivers continue to be described as a group having to “get it done by committee”
- The latest on sophomore wide receiver Riley Ridley’s foot injury
- The latest on freshman offensive lineman Solomon Kindley’s ankle injury
- Whether the presence of Kindley and left guard Pat Allen have attributed to the success of the UGA offensive line this spring
- And Chip explains why he thinks UGA’s defense — despite the criticism from Kirby Smart — has a chance to be very good this fall.
30 minute mark: I talk about some of the other news from around the SEC including spring games for Florida, Auburn, Ole Miss, Texas A&M, and Mississippi State. I also share the latest odds to win the 2017 Heisman Trophy from the Westgate Las Vegas SuperBook.
End of show: I congratulate former UGA golfer Russell Henley for earning a spot in the 2018 Masters after a top 12 finish this past weekend.
The video version of DawgNation Daily can be found here.