Podcast: 5 UGA defensive players ready to shine this spring
Georgia’s defense was arguably its strength last season, but that doesn’t mean the unit doesn’t have room for improvement as spring practice begins on Tuesday.
One of the challenges for defensive coordinator Mel Tucker is that the Bulldogs will be without two important players — defensive tackle Trent Thompson for the entire spring, and linebacker Roquan Smith for at least most of the spring.
Which players will step up in their absence?
I’ll talk about that today on DawgNation Daily — the daily podcast for Georgia Bulldogs fans.
Plus DawgNation’s recruiting insider Jeff Sentell also joins the show and we discuss…
- The outlook for freshmen early enrollees Jeremiah Holloman, Deangelo Gibbs, and Richard LeCounte
- What to expect from freshman linebacker Monty Rice
- Potential good news for UGA involving 4-star safety Trey Dean
- The Bulldogs’ efforts to replace 4-star offensive tackle Max Wray
- The possible quarterbacks that could join UGA’s 2018 class
The video version of DawgNation Daily can be found here.
DawgNation Daily is available for download in the iTunes store. https://itun.es/us/mN-T9.c
You can also find older episodes of the show by clicking https://www.dawgnation.com/dawgnation-daily