Georgia clearly had a weak link last season. The Bulldogs had a solid — if not always spectacular — defense, but were held back by an offense that was among the worst in the SEC.
At least one SEC coach thinks that trend could continue this season according to a recent article from ESPN. I’ll talk about that topic today, and explain why fans hope this assessment of UGA is wrong on DawgNation Daily — the daily podcast for Georgia Bulldogs fans.
I’ll also explain why new defensive line coach Tray Scott has big shoes to fill as he goes through his first spring practice with the Bulldogs.
DawgNation’s Seth Emerson also joins the show and some of the topics we discuss include…
- The fact that this season could be described as a “swing year” for UGA coach Kirby Smart
- The ways sophomore defensive back Mecole Hardman will be used by Smart and defensive coordinator Mel Tucker
- The chances that wide receiver Terry Godwin has a breakout season
- The impact freshmen defensive backs Deangelo Gibbs and Richard LeCounte could make in their first seasons
- Trent Thompson’s presence in Athens, Ga. — despite the fact he isn’t participating in spring practice
- And a growing controversy regarding how UGA athletic director Greg McGarity is spending donors’ money
References from today’s show:
Episode 406 of DawgNation Daily with Chip Towers discussing Tray Scott
The video version of DawgNation Daily can be found here.
DawgNation Daily is available for download in the iTunes store. https://itun.es/us/mN-T9.c
You can also find older episodes of the show by clicking https://www.dawgnation.com/dawgnation-daily