Podcast: ESPN praises UGA WRs for doing ‘180 from last year’
Georgia football is the No. 1 topic today and every day on DawgNation Daily — the daily podcast for Georgia Bulldogs fans. Catch up on everything happening with UGA athletics with host Brandon Adams and the cast of DawgNation experts as they discuss UGA coach Kirby Smart’s quest to return the Bulldogs to the top of the SEC, and break down the latest Georgia football recruiting news. On episode No. 439 (May 4, 2017) of the podcast, Georgia Bulldogs fans can hear:
Beginning of the show: ESPN’s Edward Aschoff was impressed with Georgia’s wide receivers after G-Day, but does UGA coach Kirby Smart agree? I’ll discuss.
12 minute mark: Former Alabama All-American, NFL veteran, and SEC Country Live host Mike Johnson joins the show. Some of the topics we cover include…
- Why UGA should be considered the SEC East favorite
- What to make of the Bulldogs’ 2016 offensive struggles
- Whether Georgia’s identity will be defined by its defense this season
- The chances Florida replaces its departed defensive talent and finds a quarterback
- Whether Tennessee should be considered a legitimate threat to UGA
- And Mike tells the story of what Smart was like before coming to UGA
25 minute mark: I take a look at some of the other headlines from around the SEC including a couple national writers unimpressed with Alabama, an explanation of why Auburn’s stock is rising and LSU’s might be falling, whether Tennessee should be considered a “dark horse” this season, and the possibility that one of UGA’s opponents this season could unexpectedly be ranked in the Top 25.
End of show: USA Today’s Paul Myerberg makes an interesting statement about the Bulldogs’ SEC Championship odds.
For Wednesday’s show click here.