Podcast: G-Day a missed opportunity for UGA
Georgia football is the No. 1 topic today and every day on DawgNation Daily — the daily podcast for Georgia Bulldogs fans. Catch up on everything happening with UGA athletics with host Brandon Adams and the cast of DawgNation experts as they discuss UGA coach Kirby Smart’s quest to return the Bulldogs to the top of the SEC, and break down the latest Georgia football recruiting news. On episode No. 431 (April 24, 2017) of the podcast, Georgia Bulldogs fans can hear:
Beginning of the show: There was plenty of good news to come out of the 2017 G-Day game, but unfortunately those stories might be overshadowed by 4-star linebacker Adam Anderson’s de-commitment, D’Ante Demery’s arrest and dismissal, and quarterback Jacob Eason’s uneven performance.
10-minute mark: I share interesting audio from Georgia coach Kirby Smart that possibly foreshadowed Demery’s problems on Saturday night.
15-minute mark: DawgNation’s Chip Towers joins the show and some of the topics we discuss include…
- If schools like UGA can/should do anything differently in situations like the one involving Demery
- Whether Eason completing fewer than 50 percent of his passes is a concern
- The impressive debut of freshman quarterback Jake Fromm
- Whether Smart has gone too far to orchestrate a competition between Eason and Fromm
- The emergence of UGA’s wide receivers — including freshman Jeremiah Holloman
- And Chip describes what UGA needs to do this summer to be ready for the upcoming season
30-minute mark: I take a look at some of the other stories around the SEC including spring games for Alabama, Tennessee and LSU. I also talk about how a possible SEC rule change could benefit Florida in its attempt to accept former Notre Dame quarterback Malik Zaire as a transfer.
End of show: I share some thoughts on the announced G-Day crowd of 66,000.
For Friday’s show, click here.