Podcast: UGA fans face a tough decision this spring
Georgia football is the No. 1 topic today and every day on DawgNation Daily — the daily podcast for Georgia Bulldogs fans. Catch up on everything happening with UGA athletics with host Brandon Adams and the cast of DawgNation experts as they discuss UGA coach Kirby Smart’s quest to return the Bulldogs to the top of the SEC, and breakdown the latest Georgia football recruiting news. On episode No. 418 (April 5, 2017) of the podcast Georgia Bulldogs fans can hear:
Beginning of the show: Should Georgia fans root for offense or defense to win the competition during spring? I’ll answer that question and share audio clips from UGA coach Kirby Smart talking about why the offense is currently out performing the defense in practice.
10 minute mark: Many UGA fans are concerned about the 2018 recruiting class. The Bulldogs have just two commitments and are only ranked No. 46 in the 247Sports composite team ranking. However, DawgNation’s Jeff Sentell says not all the news concerning Georgia recruiting is bad. Jeff explains why Bulldogs fans might have at least one reason to be excited. UGA is trending in a positive direction with 5-star offensive lineman Jamaree Salyer, and on today’s show Jeff makes a bold statement about how good a player he thinks Salyer will be.
15 minute mark: We continue our series looking at some of Georgia’s most important games for the upcoming season by focusing on South Carolina today with Heath Cline — radio host on 107.5 The Game in Columbia, S.C. Some of the topics we cover include…
- Whether South Carolina’s run to the Final Four in men’s basketball offers a formula that UGA can copy
- What to expect from Gamecocks coach Will Muschamp as he enters his second season
- Whether SEC Network analyst Greg McElroy was correct to rank South Carolina quarterback Jake Bentley ahead of Jacob Eason
- The chances Muschamp continues to be a recruiting rival for Smart and UGA
- And Heath explains why he thinks Georgia should be considered the favorite to win the SEC East
30 minute mark: I take a look at some of the other news happening around the SEC including…
- ESPN bracketologist Joe Lunardi excluding UGA from his projected field for next year’s NCAA Tournament
- Why 4-star quarterback Emory Jones isn’t considering a visit to UGA
- Why LSU has jumped in front of the Bulldogs for transfer defensive lineman Breiden Fehoko
- And why Sports Illustrated thinks former Notre Dame quarterback Malik Zaire would make a “massive” impact for Florida
35 minute mark: I take a look at the former UGA golfers participating in this year’s Masters — including Russell Henley, Kevin Kisner, Hudson Swafford, and two-time champion Bubba Watson.
Other references from today’s show: