Georgia football fans are still excited about the program’s 2017 recruiting class — a group that ranked among the best in the nation according to the major recruiting services. As the Bulldogs prepare for the upcoming season one of the questions DawgNation is asking the most is whether any of these incoming freshmen could earn starting positions this year.
This is certainly true for UGA’s offensive line — a group that struggled mightily for most of 2016. The hope is that some of the incoming talent will provide an upgrade for this position group. One of the names mentioned prominently as having a chance to step in and play right away is 5-star prospect Isaiah Wilson. However while Wilson gets most of the national attention, DawgNation’s recruiting expert Jeff Sentell thinks 4-star tackle Andrew Thomas could be as well-positioned as Wilson to win a starting job.
I’ll talk about that today on DawgNation Daily — the daily podcast for Georgia Bulldogs fans.
Plus DawgNation’s Seth Emerson joins the show and we discuss…
- The quarterback competition expected to unfold this spring between sophomore Jacob Eason and freshman Jake Fromm
- The appearance by UGA defensive tackle Trent Thompson at UGA’s Pro Day this week
- An update on Thompson’s health — including the earlier report from Chip Towers that Thompson had significant weight loss
- The future of the UGA basketball program following the NIT loss to Belmont
- And a reflection on the career of UGA guard J.J. Frazier — which came to an end Wednesday night
The video version of DawgNation Daily can be found here.
DawgNation Daily is available for download in the iTunes store. https://itun.es/us/mN-T9.c
You can also find older episodes of the show by clicking https://www.dawgnation.com/dawgnation-daily