Georgia football fans dealt with two unpleasant headlines over the weekend as sophomore wide receiver Riley Ridley was arrested on a charge of possession of marijuana and 4-star offensive tackle Max Wray de-committed from UGA’s 2018 recruiting class after taking visits to Alabama and Clemson.
If that wasn’t enough, Bulldogs fans also found out that UGA would once again be excluded from the NCAA Tournament after a 71-60 loss to Kentucky on Friday in the SEC Tournament.
I’ll talk about all those subjects today on DawgNation Daily — the daily podcast for Georgia Bulldogs fans.
Plus DawgNation’s Chip Towers joins the show and we’ll discuss…
- The chances that Kirby Smart could alter UGA’s current drug policy and that Ridley could avoid suspension for his encounter with the law
- Possible concerns about UGA defensive tackle Trent Thompson’s apparent weight loss while away from the football team in his hometown of Albany, Ga.
- The method in which Thompson can use an NCAA waiver to be readmitted to UGA
- Whether more negative stories happen at UGA than other SEC schools
- And what Mark Fox’s response should be going forward to the NCAA Tournament selection committee’s evaluation of UGA
References from today’s show:
The video version of DawgNation Daily can be found here.
DawgNation Daily is available for download in the iTunes store. https://itun.es/us/mN-T9.c
You can also find older episodes of the show by clicking https://www.dawgnation.com/dawgnation-daily