Podcast: UGA might have candidate for breakout season on offense
Georgia tight end Charlie Woerner’s name came up during Kirby Smart’s chat with the media on Tuesday night. Smart indicated he is considering Woerner for a bigger role with the UGA offense this season if the second-year player continues to develop.
I’ll talk about exactly what Woerner’s role could be today on DawgNation Daily — the daily podcast for Georgia Bulldogs fans.
I’ll also discuss what Smart had to say on Tuesday night about freshman defensive back Deangelo Gibbs, and I’ll share audio from DawgNation recruiting insider Jeff Sentell — who had an interesting challenge for UGA fans regarding the upcoming G-Day game.
SEC Country’s Zach Abolverdi also joined the show to preview UGA’s game vs. Florida this fall. Some of the topics covered in the interview include…
- Which of the Gators two possible quarterbacks Georgia will probably face in Jacksonville, Fla. this October
- Whether Florida is finally going to have the offensive weapons necessary to improve performance on that side of the ball
- What the Gators are doing to replace some of the departed stars on defense
- Whether new defensive coordinator Randy Shannon will be capable of matching the success of his predecessor — Geoff Collins
- And Zach explains why some Florida fans were bothered by the recruiting success UGA enjoyed this past February.