Georgia’s offense underperformed in 2016, and there are hopes for improvement this season. One of the ways in which UGA could be more productive is with more creative use of its running backs.
Obviously this includes Nick Chubb — a player that is mentioned on the list of potential Heisman candidates — but it also includes fellow senior Sony Michel as well.
I’ll talk about that today on DawgNation Daily — the daily podcast for Georgia Bulldogs fans.
I’ll also share audio of what UGA coach Kirby Smart said about Michel last week, and what Chubb said UGA offensive coordinator Jim Chaney told him about how the running backs would be deployed this season. Plus, Chubb talks about why he’s feeling much more comfortable this spring than he was a year ago, and I explain why that could set him up for a productive season.
DawgNation’s Chip Towers also joins the show. Some of the topics covered include…
- How Chubb’s career compares to former Georgia running back Herschel Walker
- Whether UGA’s new offensive wrinkles will be different enough to be noticeable to fans
- Some interesting comments from UGA offensive lineman Isaiah Wynn
- The latest details on how Mecole Hardman is being used at practice
- And what the SEC’s success in the NCAA tournament means for the future of UGA basketball
The video version of DawgNation Daily can be found here.