Podcast: Will UGA’s defense be ‘lethal’ this season?
Georgia is one of the candidates in the SEC that could dethrone Alabama from its perch on top of the conference according to ESPN, and one writer in particular thinks the reason this could occur is because of what he describes as UGA’s “lethal” defense.
Is that too strong a word to describe the Bulldogs on that side of the ball?
I’ll answer that question today on DawgNation Daily — the daily podcast for Georgia Bulldogs fans.
I’ll also talk about the issues that could potentially keep the Bulldogs from producing a dominant defense — including the ongoing situation with UGA defensive lineman Trent Thompson, the Bulldogs’ inability to produce big sack numbers, and the lack of a proven playmaker in the defensive secondary.
In addition to that I’ll share audio from former Alabama All-American Mike Johnson regarding the quarterback competition at UGA between freshman Jake Fromm and sophomore — and last season’s starter — Jacob Eason. Mike explains the one thing Fromm might have that Eason still needs to develop.
SEC Country’s Josh Ward also joins the show to preview UGA’s trip to Knoxville this fall to take on the Tennessee Vols. Some of the topics we cover include…
- Whether Tennessee coach Butch Jones could lose his job if the Vols fail to win the East
- The current state of Tennessee’s quarterback competition between redshirt freshman Jarrett Guarantano and junior Quinten Dormady
- How much of a problem will Vols running back John Kelly cause for Georgia’s defense?
- Will UGA’s offensive line be challenged by UT pass rusher Jonathan Kongbo?
- And Josh explains why he feels the Bulldogs should be the SEC East favorite.
References from today’s show:
The video version of DawgNation Daily can be found here.
DawgNation Daily is available for download in the iTunes store. https://itun.es/us/mN-T9.c
You can also find older episodes of the show by clicking https://www.dawgnation.com/dawgnation-daily