Gameday eve will offer a chance for two reps of a UGA football feature called the Cover 4. DawgNation has four staffers who cover the team from every angle: Beat, hybrid roles, live streams, photos, podcasts, recruiting, etc. The Cover 4 aim here is simple: 1) Present a topic; 2) Offer a reasoned response; 3) Share a brisk statement to support the informed opinion. We’ll offer up two Cover 4 opinions regarding the Georgia-South Carolina game today.
Cover 4 time. The working theory here is John and Jane Reader will hold a good idea of what these are all about now.
This is also the first week of conference play for UGA. It allows for one of those early tilts Steve Spurrier seems to enjoy. The early conference games would offer a chance to catch a key Bulldog on suspension, he often theorized.
Not this year. And yet this game is still drawing the hype of a top 10 matchup. Is it though?
Where on the field does South Carolina have the edge on Georgia? We’re putting the Cover 4 on that topic.
These takes will come at you even faster than Mecole Hardman Jr. can post to his social media accounts.
What is the big advantage South Carolina holds over UGA football this week?
Brandon Adams: The South Carolina passing game
Why: A lot of pregame storylines get overhyped, but South Carolina’s wide receivers are legitimately good, and a tough matchup for UGA’s secondary.
Chip Towers: South Carolina’s WRs vs. the UGA DBs
Why: The Towers’ Take is simply that. Carolina’s receivers could have a good day vs. Georgia’s secondary.
Mike Griffith: A rocking Williams-Brice Stadium crowd
Why: I don’t see one. South Carolina has the home crowd, and that’s about it.
Jeff Sentell: The juice from the Williams-Brice crowd
Why: The home crowd and the stakes. South Carolina sees a win as a launch point while the Bulldogs view this as another game to impose their will on an SEC team for 60 minutes.
The Cover 4 so far
- Who is the best player that Georgia will face this season?
- What will Georgia’s final record be this year?
- Which one of those talented pups will make the biggest impact on the defense?
- What is the strongest position on the team?
- Who will be the MVP of the defense?
- Who is the most indispensable player on the team this fall?
- Which player seems like the most “slept on” for 2018?
- Cover 4 on which team on the schedule can take down UGA
- The UGA Cover 4 shines its light on the most improved player for 2018
- UGA Cover 4: This storyline is not getting the focus it should
Do you have your own opinion? DawgNation would love to hear your one-sentence why in the comments field below.
Check out the latest posts from DawgNation:
- Good Day UGA football: The 5 players who are going to swing the game for the Bulldogs
- Ask Chip: Georgia’s depth chart is still very fluid this early in the season
- Maria Taylor provides new detail on the Nick Saban apology
- Georgia-South Carolina: Game time, TV channel, how to watch online
- Ask Griff: Hype machine working overtime for UGA-South Carolina
- WATCH: 4-star UGA commit Jamil Burroughs on Rihanna, dance moves and his Mom
- By the Numbers: Run game, O-line should provide the advantage for UGA football
- WATCH: The latest “Chip and Griff” Show
- UGA recruiting: How the Bulldogs build their O-line like never before