Cover 4 on UGA football: Which freshman makes the biggest impact on defense in 2018?
A new day means another rep of a UGA football feature called the Cover 4. DawgNation has four staffers who cover the team from every angle: Beat, hybrid roles, live streams, photos, podcasts, recruiting, etc. The Cover 4 aim here is simple: 1) Present a topic; 2) Offer a reasoned response; 3) Share a brisk statement to support the informed opinion.
Georgia signed a few freshmen prospects in the 2018 cycle who might be able to get their uniform dirty on Saturday. Pretty much every Saturday.
You just might have read that before around this URL.
DawgNation saw the Bulldogs sign seven defenders which rated among the nation’s top 10 prospects at their position. The fact that six of those also slotted in the top 5 at their position reflects a crop of truly elite recruits.
Which one of those new Bulldogs will make the biggest impact on Mel Tucker’s defense this fall?
Better strap up. These Cover 4 takes will come at you even faster than Mecole Hardman Jr. can post to his social media accounts.
Which freshman will make the biggest impact on the defense this fall?
Brandon Adams: Tyson Campbell
Why: UGA needs an elite CB opposite Baker, and I’m guessing Campbell gets every chance to become that guy. (His initial choice was Brenton Cox but he opted for variety.)
Chip Towers: Tyson Campbell
Why: At the end of the day, becoming a starting cornerback for the Bulldogs is why he was recruited, and Georgia has an opportunity for him.
Mike Griffith: Brenton Cox
Why: Size, talent and ability. Generally not a fan of defenders wearing the No. 1, but this guy looks the part.
Jeff Sentell: Brenton Cox
Why: Cox checks every box. He is big and skilled and strong plus the depth chart sets up nicely for the early enrollee to shine.
The Cover 4 so far
- What is the strongest position on the team?
- Who will be the MVP of the defense?
- Who is the most indispensable player on the team this fall?
- Which player seems like the most “slept on” for 2018?
- Cover 4 on which team on the schedule can take down UGA
- The UGA Cover 4 shines its light on the most improved player for 2018
- UGA Cover 4: This storyline is not getting the focus it should
Do you have your own opinion? DawgNation would love to hear your one-sentence why in the comments field below.
Check out the latest posts from DawgNation:
- The Good Day UGA forecast slots the Bulldogs in the national playoffs
- By the Numbers: Bulldogs are light years away from last FCS nailbiter
- West End Zone is not the end of the football facility boom at UGA
- 5-star ILB Nakobe Dean “loves” UGA but still plans Auburn, FSU and LSU officials
- Georgia football vs. Austin Peay: Game time, how to watch
- Own the East: Jake Fromm is still the man for the Bulldogs
- ESPN says Georgia is one of 14 teams that can win it all
- Here’s how to win a trip to DawgNation Invasion Baton Rouge
- Las Vegas “wise guys” apparently at odds over their UGA projections for 2018