A new day means another rep of a UGA football feature called the Cover 4. DawgNation has four staffers who cover the team from every angle: Beat, hybrid roles, live streams, photos, podcasts, recruiting, etc. The Cover 4 aim here is simple: 1) Present a topic; 2) Offer a reasoned response; 3) Share a brisk statement to support the informed opinion.
Depth. That is what really just means more about the SEC.
A lot of the position groups on this UGA team sure do make it seem like a lot of the cupboards are full. Which one of those is the deepest, though? Was it RB prior to the Zamir White injury? Maybe. Probably not anymore, though.
The Cover 4 guys tackle another preseason topic by addressing the units which they feel are the strongest position groups on the squad for 2018.
Get ready. These takes will come at you even faster than Mecole Hardman Jr. can post to his social media accounts.
What is the strongest position on the team?
Brandon Adams: Quarterback
Why: I know you can only play one guy at a time, and there are obvious questions about who’s No. 3. However, having Fromm and Fields on the same roster is a huge luxury.
Chip Towers: Receivers
Why: Georgia has a lot of talent in that room, starting with returnees Terry Godwin, Mecole Hardman and Riley Ridley and continuing with D-Rob and Ahkil Crumpton.
Mike Griffith: Receivers
Why: Experience, and lots of depth and competition in the receiver room.
Jeff Sentell: Guards
Why: It was the RBs before White went down so then my first read was to all those wolves in Dan Lanning’s room, But then I thought about those three high school All-American guards on the second and third team right now at Georgia.
The Cover 4 so far
- Who will be the MVP of the defense?
- Who is the most indispensable player on the team this fall?
- Which player seems like the most “slept on” for 2018?
- Cover 4 on which team on the schedule can take down UGA
- The UGA Cover 4 shines its light on the most improved player for 2018
- UGA Cover 4: This storyline is not getting the focus it should
Do you have your own opinion? DawgNation would love to hear your one-sentence why in the comments field below.
Check the latest posts from DawgNation:
- Own the East: Jake Fromm is still the man for the Bulldogs
- ESPN analyst: Kirby Smart brought the Alabama blueprint to Athens
- Georgia-Austin Peay: Game time, how to watch, etc.
- The five freshmen DawgNation wants to see vs. Austin Peay
- WATCH: ‘Dawgs discuss the fastest man on the team
- Upset alert? Oddsmaker thinking about Missouri over UGA
- Mel Tucker mentioned as possible candidate for Maryland job
- CBS writer says Nick Saban should be afraid of Kirby Smart
- Punter Jake Camarda another likely starter for the Bulldogs
- WATCH: Before the Hedges breaks down the film on 4-star commit Xavier Truss
- Three ESPN talking heads pick ‘Dawgs to win it all
- WATCH and Learn: The debut of the “Chip and Griff” show
- Are a couple of freshmen are in line for starts in the secondary?