Cover 4 on UGA football: Which opponent is getting overlooked right now?
DawgNation has four staffers who cover the team from every angle: Beat, live streams, photos, podcasts, recruiting, etc. The Cover 4 aim is simple: 1) Present a topic; 2) Offer a reasoned response; 3) Share a brisk statement to support the informed opinion.
When will this Georgia team be challenged? Will all the leaves be Auburn by then?
Not so fast, my Dawgnation friend.
But it seems like that was the brisk narrative coming out of that 41-17 romp at Williams-Brice Stadium. Will Georgia really not need to roll up its sleeves until mid-October and that SEC West test down in Baton Rouge?
The Cover 4 guys offer a chance for everyone to pump those brakes a bit. They see another SEC East team that can create some adversity for the Bulldogs. Especially since the Bulldogs will see a start time that breaks from the normal routine of their season.
These takes will come at you even faster than Mecole Hardman Jr. can post to his social media accounts. And score a touchdown against South Carolina.
Which UGA football opponent is the most overlooked right now?
Brandon Adams: Missouri
Why: The (ESPN Football Power Index) gave Missouri a better chance of beating UGA than it did South Carolina despite that border SEC East rival cracking the Top 25 earlier this season. That mark now stands at 23.7% for that game.
Chip Towers: Missouri
Why: It is a crappy trip to a crappy stadium that’s hard to get to, and they have a really good quarterback in Drew Lock who plays really well at home.
Mike Griffith: Tennessee
Why: 41-0. Jeremy Pruitt will shrink the games this season and a more healthy Vols team will play physical if nothing else.
Jeff Sentell: Missouri
Why: The Tigers had as many names on all those preseason ALL-SEC teams as the rest of the SEC East (minus UGA football) combined.
The Cover 4 so far
- Where does UGA have the biggest edge on South Carolina?
- What is the big advantage South Carolina has this week?
- Who is the best player that Georgia will face this season?
- What will Georgia’s final record be this year?
- Which one of those talented pups will make the biggest impact on the defense?
- What is the strongest position on the team?
- Who will be the MVP of the defense?
- Who is the most indispensable player on the team this fall?
- Which player seems like the most “slept on” for 2018?
- Cover 4 on which team on the schedule can take down UGA
- The UGA Cover 4 shines its light on the most improved player for 2018
- UGA Cover 4: This storyline is not getting the focus it should
Do you have your own opinion? DawgNation would love to hear your one-sentence why in the comments field below.