Cover 4 on UGA football: Who is the fastest player on the team right now?
DawgNation has four staffers who cover the team from every angle: Beat, live streams, photos, podcasts, recruiting, etc. The Cover 4 aim is simple: 1) Present a topic; 2) Offer a reasoned response; 3) Share a brisk statement to support the informed opinion.
Mecole Hardman is plenty fast.
Which one of those guys is the fastest player on the team right now? The Cover 4 guys offer their opinion on that topic. They don’t have the official GPS times, but they know what they see on the field each week.
These takes will come at you even faster than Hardman can post to his social media accounts. And maybe even faster than he’s scored six touchdowns across his last four games for Georgia.
Who is the fastest player on the team?
Brandon Adams: Mecole Hardman Jr.
Why: Hardman’s touchdown vs. Austin Peay might’ve been the fastest I’ve seen anyone run at Sanford Stadium. Ever.
Chip Towers: Eric Stokes*
Why: *Eric Stokes on the stopwatch. Mecole Hardman on the football field. (Check out the buzz right now regarding a potential Hardman for Heisman campaign.)
Mike Griffith: Mecole Hardman Jr.
Why: Mecole Hardman, although D’Andre Swift clocked the fastest GPS time in Austin Peay game.
Jeff Sentell: Tyson Campbell*
Why: Mecole looks blistering in pads. The junior plays faster for now, but Campbell’s sub-10.4 times in the 100 meters are no joke. Wait until he has a chance to hawk somebody down and he turns on the Nitrous Oxide in those Nike cleats.
The Cover 4 so far
- Which opponent is getting overlooked right now?
- Where does UGA have the biggest edge on South Carolina?
- What is the big advantage South Carolina has this week?
- Who is the best player that Georgia will face this season?
- What will Georgia’s final record be this year?
- Which one of those talented pups will make the biggest impact on the defense?
- What is the strongest position on the team?
- Who will be the MVP of the defense?
- Who is the most indispensable player on the team this fall?
- Which player seems like the most “slept on” for 2018?
- Cover 4 on which team on the schedule can take down UGA
- The UGA Cover 4 shines its light on the most improved player for 2018
- UGA Cover 4: This storyline is not getting the focus it should
Do you have your own opinion? DawgNation would love to hear your one-sentence why in the comments field below.