Good afternoon. A new day means another rep of a UGA football feature called the Cover 4. DawgNation has four staffers who cover the team from every angle: Beat, hybrid roles, live streams, photos, podcasts, recruiting, etc. The Cover 4 aim here is simple: 1) Present a topic; 2) Offer a reasoned response; 3) Share a brisk statement to support the informed opinion.
Who’s the best player on the team? Who might be the most valuable? Baseball writers seem to quibble over that ad nauseam this time of year.
Football is a collision sport. The physical nature of the game lends itself to place an even greater respect on player priority and player value than their peers on the diamond.
Georgia did well to avoid season-shifting injuries last fall. That said, the Bulldogs did lose the season-opening starter at quarterback for several weeks. Charlie Woerner’s injury in the playoffs hurt the team late and there were a few more guys who missed time during the 15-game season.
Who might be the most indispensable player on this year’s team? The Cover 4 offering for today is the player the Bulldogs can least afford to lose without a significant dropoff at their position.
Get ready. These takes will come at you even faster than Mecole Hardman Jr. can post to his social media accounts.
Who is the most indispensable Bulldog?
Brandon Adams: Deandre Baker
Why: Baker has the ability to make the rest of the secondary better, but if he were to miss time it will become very difficult for the defense to lock down a top WR.
Chip Towers: Jake Fromm
Why: He’s the quarterback.
Mike Griffith: Jake Fromm
Why: Georgia has just two scholarship quarterbacks, and Fromm is the offensive leader on and off the field.
Jeff Sentell: Andrew Thomas
Why: The Bulldogs do not have another tackle who has started an SEC game, much less another legit ALL-SEC contender in Thomas to protect Fromm’s blind side.
The Cover 4 so far
- Which player seems like the most “slept on” for 2018?
- Cover 4 on which team on the schedule can take down UGA
- The UGA Cover 4 shines its light on the most improved player for 2018
- UGA Cover 4: This storyline is not getting the focus it should
Do you have your own opinion? DawgNation would love to hear your one-sentence why in the comments field below.
Check the latest posts from DawgNation:
- California 5-star junior RB says UGA has “a major shot” to sign him
- Herbstreit: UGA must be very careful with its QB situation
- Own The East: Monty Rice wants to do what Roquan did for the D
- 5-star Cook in fall camp? Players still raving about the new RB
- Towers Take: 2018 feels a lot different for Jake Fromm
- Kirby continues to follow the Alabama blueprint under Saban
- Practice report: Gearing up for the Governors of Austin Peay
- WATCH: Jake Fromm talks that talk about his hand