Cover 4 on Georgia football: Who has the biggest day against Murray State?
DawgNation has four staffers who cover Georgia football from every angle: Beat, live streams, photos, podcasts, recruiting, etc. The “Cover 4” concept is: 1) Present a topic; 2) Offer a reasoned response; 3) Share a brisk statement to support the informed opinion. 4) Pepper the page with photos for the big picture. For this edition, we discuss the most improved Bulldogs on the team since last season.
DawgNation continues with the “Cover 4” concept. It was a regular in our story rotation in 2018.
We have four staffers who cover UGA athletics on a full-time basis. It means the focus shifts to a timely “Cover 4” look with each of our guys manning the secondary here.
The quick in-and-out game remains. These takes are designed to come out quicker than former Bulldog Mecole Hardman Jr. ran the 40 at the NFL combine.
The latest “Cover 4” question of the regular season is:
Who has the biggest day against Murray State?
Brandon Adams: Stetson Bennett
The “why” from “DawgNation Daily” here: “Murray State isn’t good enough to stay close with Georgia very long — which means backups should get plenty of chances to play. No backup needs experience more than Bennett, and I suspect he’ll make good use of his opportunity vs. the Racers.”
Mike Griffith: Brian Herrien
The “why” from “On the Beat” here: “Kirby Smart used the phrase “possess the ball,” and that sounds like a lot of carries between the tackles to me.“
Connor Riley: Nolan Smith
The “why” from “Good Day UGA” here: “I don’t know much about Murray State, but Murray State is in trouble. Georgia should have Murray State in plenty of third and long situations, which should allow Smith to thrive.“
Jeff Sentell: James Cook
The Intel here: “I wouldn’t argue with a name like Matt Landers, Demetris Robertson or Zamir White here. But it just seems like Mr. Cook will be able to get a lot of nice reps in on the ground and also catching the ball.“
The 2019 season “Cover 4” topics so far:
- The most improved Bulldog since last season is ….
- A few big non-score predictions for Georgia-Vanderbilt
- Which returning Bulldogs impressed the most in fall camp?
- The players set to become the new fan favorites for 2019 are ….
- What will convince you the Bulldogs are throwing the ball more this fall?
- What kind of numbers will D’Andre Swift put up in 2019?
- Jake Fromm’s best quality? The Cover 4 crew chops that one up
- DawgNation Nickel: What was the alarming trend coming out of spring ball in Athens?