BULLDOGS IN NFL
ATHENS — The incredible season of Todd Gurley continued as the former Georgia running back continued to score at a record pace for the Los Angeles Rams.
Gurley scored three more touchdowns in a win over the San Francisco 49ers to run his league total to 14 on the season. Gurley scored TDs on two of his 15 carries for 63 yards and then added another one receiving. He now has 11 rushing TDs and three receiving on the season for the Rams, who improved to 7-0 on the season.
Gurley also leads the league in rushing attempts (144), rushing yards (686), scoring (88 points on 14 touchdowns and two 2-point conversions) and per-game rushing average (98.0).
Gurley was one of three former Georgia running backs in action in Week 7 of the NFL. Nick Chubb had 80 yards in his first start with the Cleveland Browns and Sony Michel had 22 yards on four carries for the New England Patriots.
Michel saw limited action against Roquan Smith’s Chicago Bears before an early-game knee injury sidelined him. It was later deemed not to be too serious. Michel stands eighth in the league with 95 carries, ninth with four rushing touchdowns, 11th with a per-game average of 70.3 yards and 12th with 422 rushing yards.
Here’s the complete roundup of Dawgs in the NFL:
Patriots 38, Bears 31
- David Andrews: Andrews started at center for the Patriots, who amassed 381 total yards of offense.
- Sony Michel: Michel carried four times for 22 yards for New England before exiting the game with a knee injury.
- Leonard Floyd: Floyd had three tackles for Chicago.
- Roquan Smith: Smith recorded a sack among his five tackles for the Bears.
- Javon Wims: Wims was inactive for Chicago.
Rams 39, 49ers 10
- Todd Gurley: Gurley had 15 carries for 63 yards and two touchdowns and he caught four passes for 23 yards and a touchdown for the Rams.
- Ramik Wilson: Wilson had two tackles for Los Angeles.
Chiefs 45, Bengals 10
- Chris Conley: Conley had one catch for six yards for the Chiefs.
- Justin Houston: Houston was inactive for Kansas City due to a hamstring injury.
- Geno Atkins: Atkins had one tackle and one quarterback hit for the Bengals. Atkins ranks eighth in the NFL with six sacks.
- Clint Boling and Cordy Glenn: Boling and Glenn started at left guard and tackle, respectively, for Cincinnati, which accumulated 239 total yards.
- A.J. Green: Green hauled in seven passes for 117 yards for the Bengals. Green is seventh in the NFL in receiving yards (611) and receiving touchdowns (five) and 17th with 40 receptions.
- Shawn Williams: Williams led Cincinnati with 12 tackles and had an interception. Williams stands 11th in the NFL with two interceptions.
Lions 32, Dolphins 21
- Matthew Stafford: Stafford was 18-for-22 for 217 yards and two touchdowns for the Lions. Stafford ranks 12th in passing touchdowns with 12 and 18th in passing yards with 1,602 in the NFL.
- Reshad Jones: Jones had five tackles for Miami. Jones stands 11th in the NFL with two interceptions.
- Maurice Smith: Smith was reinstated to the Dolphins’ active roster midweek but was inactive for the game.
Chargers 20, Titans 19
- Ben Jones: Jones started at center for the Titans, who accumulated 390 yards of
Colts 37, Bills 5
- Corey Moore: Moore had an interception and one tackle for the Colts.
Texans 20, Jaguars 7
- Abry Jones: Jones recorded one tackle for Jacksonville.
Falcons 23, Giants 20
- Lorenzo Carter: Carter picked up a sack for the Giants.
- Alec Ogletree: Ogletree had four tackles and a quarterback hit for New York.
- John Jenkins: Jenkins was inactive for the Giants.
Panthers 21, Eagles 17
- Thomas Davis: Davis had five tackles, including one for loss, and a quarterback hit for Carolina.
Buccaneers 26, Browns 23
- Nick Chubb: Chubb rushed for 80 yards and a touchdown on 18 carries for the Browns. Chubb stands 12th in the league with three rushing touchdowns.
- Orson Charles: Charles was a reserve for Cleveland but did not record any stats.
Vikings 37, Jets 17
- Jordan Jenkins: Had two tackles and a quarterback hit for the Jets.
Saints 24, Ravens 23
- Ben Watson: Watson had six catches for 43 yards and pulled in Saints quarterback Drew Brees’ 500th career touchdown pass.
- John Atkins (Lions)
- Davin Bellamy (Texans)
- Isaiah McKenzie (Broncos)
- Garrison Smith (Dolphins)
- Tyler Catalina (Redskins)
- Isaiah Wynn (Patriots)