BULLDOGS IN NFL
ATHENS – The Los Angeles Rams this past weekend were feeling good about their Georgia Bulldogs’ connection as Todd Gurley and Ramik Wilson played major roles in a 35-23 win over the L.A. Chargers.
Gurley had 161 total yards and a touchdown for the Rams, who remain undefeated on the season. Gurley had 105 yards and a TD in 23 rushing attempts and added five receptions for 51 yards. On defense, the linebacker Wilson led the Rams with nine tackles, one tackle for loss and also deflected a pass.
UGA’s Sports Communication team does a great job of keeping up with its many former players as they ply their trade in the NFL. DawgNation will pass that information forward to you this season.
On to the highlights from Week 3:
Lions 26, Patriots 10:
- Matthew Stafford: Stafford went 27-for-36 for 262 yards and two touchdowns for the Lions.
- Sony Michel: Michel had 50 yards on 14 rushing attempts for the Patriots.
- David Andrews: Andrews started at center for the Patriots, who gained 209 total yards.
Rams 35, Chargers 23
- Todd Gurley: Gurley rushed for 105 yards and a touchdown on 23 attempts for the undefeated Rams. Gurley also caught five passes for 51 yards.
- Ramik Wilson: Wilson had nine tackles, including one for loss, and defended one pass.
Chiefs 38, 49ers 27:
- Chris Conley: Conley caught two passes for 13 yards and a touchdown for the unbeaten Chiefs.
- Justin Houston: Houston had five tackles, including two sacks, and forced two fumbles.
Dolphins 28, Raiders 20:
- Maurice Smith: Smith entered the game as a reserve for undefeated Miami but did not record any stats.
- Reshad Jones: Jones was inactive due to a shoulder injury for the Dolphins.
Saints 43, Falcons 37 (OT):
- Benjamin Watson: Watson caught five passes for 71 yards for the Saints.
Titans 9, Jaguars 6:
- Abry Jones: Jones had one tackle for the Jaguars.
- Ben Jones: Jones started at center for the Titans, who posted 233 total yards.
Carolina 31, Cincinnati 21:
- Geno Atkins: Atkins totaled five tackles for the Bengals.
- Clint Boling and Cordy Glenn: Boling and Glenn started at left guard and left tackle, respectively, helping the Cincinnati offense roll up 418 total yards.
- A.J. Green: Green hauled in five passes for 58 yards for the Bengals before leaving in the third quarter with a groin injury.
- Shawn Williams: Williams had five tackles for Cincinnati.
Eagles 20, Colts 16:
- Corey Moore: Moore had one special teams tackle for the Colts.
Giants 27, Houston 22:
- Lorenzo Carter: Carter had two tackles, including a sack, and two quarterback hits for New York.
- Alec Ogletree: Ogletree had five tackles and an interception for the Giants.
- John Jenkins: Jenkins had one quarterback hit for the Giants.
Bears 16, Cardinals 14:
- Leonard Floyd: Floyd had a tackle for the Bears.
- Roquan Smith: Smith had four tackles, including one for loss.
- Javon Wims: Wims was on the Bears’ inactive list for the third straight game.
Browns 21, Jets 17:
- Nick Chubb: Chubb had two carries for six yards for Cleveland.
- Orson Charles: Charles did not record any stats for the Browns.
- Jordan Jenkins: Jenkins had two tackles, including a sack, two quarterback hits and one forced fumble for the Jets.
- John Atkins (Lions)
- Davin Bellamy (Texans)
- Tavarres King (Vikings)
- Isaiah McKenzie (Broncos)
- Marlon Brown (Bears)
- Tyler Catalina (Redskins)
- Isaiah Wynn (Patriots)
Reserve/Suspended by Commissioner:
- Thomas Davis (Panthers)