Georgia earned its ninth commitment in the 2021 recruiting cycle on Saturday in the form of Dylan Fairchild. The 6-foot-5 offensive guard rates as the No. 135 prospect in the country and comes from West Forsyth High School in Cumming, Ga.
The Bulldogs beat out the likes of Auburn and South Carolina to land the services of the No. 7 ranked guard in the country according to the 247Sports Composite rankings. Fairchild is the seventh commitment in the class to come from the state of Georgia.
He is Georgia’s second offensive line commitment in the class, joining 4-star offensive tackle Micah Morris.
DawgNation caught up with Fairchild only moments after he spoke with Kirby Smart and Matt Luke to confirm his commitment to the Bulldogs. In the wide-ranging interview with DawgNation’s Jeff Sentell, Fairchild touches on a number of topics. Such as how his wrestling skills — Fairchild is a state champion wrestler, going 47-0 as a junior — help him on the football field, who his top target is to join him in the 2021 recruiting class and when he knew he was a Bulldog.
“I think all around, academically and football side of the things, this is going to be the best decision I make in my life,” Fairchild said. “I feel the chemistry at Georgia. I feel a serious match with them.”
“I have to surround myself with the best people in the country and there’s no better place to do that than Georgia.”
With Fairchild now in the class, Georgia has the No. 12 ranked class in the 2021 recruiting cycle. Georgia also has commitments from five of the top 14 players in the state and is in good standing with 5-star in-state prospects like Amarius Mims and Smael Mondon.
Fairchild is also the fourth commitment Georgia landed in the past week, as he joins 2021 commit Chaz Chambliss, 2022 commit Marquis Groves-Killebrew and transfer quarterback JT Daniels from Southern Cal.
More Georgia football stories from around DawgNation
- BREAKING: Nation’s No. 1 CB Tony Grimes includes UGA in his top four
- Opinion: A bold prediction for JT Daniels and UGA in 2021
- Kirby Smart, Georgia assistant coaches speak out regarding death of George Floyd, protests
- WATCH: Breaking down the many angles of new Georgia football transfer quarterback JT Daniels
- Brock Vandagriff: How does that family feel about the addition of JT Daniels?
- Georgia football podcast: Separating fact from fiction with JT Daniels’ UGA transfer
- Opinion: The 5 UGA players most likely to lead the SEC in a statistical category
- BREAKING: Elite OL Dylan Fairchild has made his college decision