Georgia honors its spring practice standouts every season. That’s a Bulldogs tradition.
Kirby Smart added a new wrinkle this year. The team gathered around the power “G” at midfield after G-Day on Saturday and shared those awards in front of the home fans.
The Coffee County Hustle Award is a big one, with the Bulldogs honoring 3 players this spring who showed the most desire during spring drills. Sophomore RB Brian Herrien, junior DE Jonathan Ledbetter and sophomore TE Charlie Woerner claimed those laurels for 2017.
The roll call of all of this year’s winners appears below.
- Most Improved – Freshman OL Solomon Kindley and sophomore RB Elijah Holyfield
- Outstanding Walk-On – Junior OL Sean Fogarty
- Coffee County Hustle Award – Sophomore RB Brian Herrien, RB, sophomore TE Charlie Woerner
- Hugh Hendrix Award (Player Who Most Strains His Potential) – Junior WR Terry Godwin, sophomore OL Pat Allen
- Own The Trenches Award – Junior OL Lamont Gaillard
- Sustainable Force Award – Senior OL Dyshon Sims
- Physicality/Headhunter Award – Senior OL Isaiah Wynn
- Most Improved – Freshman OLB Chauncey Manac, sophomore DB J.R. Reed
- Outstanding Walk-On – Senior DB Tim Hill
- Coffee County Hustle Award – Junior DE Jonathan Ledbetter
- Hugh Hendrix Award (Player Who Most Strains His Potential) – Sophomore DB Tyrique McGhee
- Own The Trenches Award – Sophomore DL Tyler Clark
- Sustainable Focus Award – Senior ILB Reggie Carter
- Physicality/Headhunter Award – Junior OLB D’Andre Walker
- Special Teams Weapon Award – Junior SS Jarvis Wilson, junior S Rashad Roundtree
- Freshmen GPA Award: WR Josh Moran (4.00), RB Prather Hudson (3.69)
- Sophomore GPA Award: OLB Michael Keene (3.97); K Rodrigo Blankenship (3.74)
- Junior GPA Award: ILB Jacob Gross (3.87); TE Jackson Harris (3.76)
- Senior GPA Award: SN John Courson (4.0), DB Aaron Davis (3.47)
- Sophomore K Rodrigo Blankenship
- Senior TE Jeb Blazevich
- Senior ILB Reggie Carter
- Junior WR Michael Chigbu