The No. 3 Georgia Bulldogs will travel to Tuscaloosa, Ala., to take on the No. 2 Alabama Crimson Tide. The game will be played on Oct. 17 and kickoff at 8 p.m. ET. CBS will broadcast the game. For more information on the game time, date, TV channel and other information pertaining to the game, see below.
This game will be the third time that Alabama and Georgia have met since Kirby Smart has taken over as the head coach at Georgia. This is the first contest between Smart and Nick Saban that will take place during the regular season. The Crimson Tide have won the previous two matchups.
The last time Georgia and Alabama met in Tuscaloosa was back in 2007. That was also the last time Georgia beat Alabama, as the Bulldogs came away with a 26-23 overtime victory over Alabama.
Georgia-Alabama: Game Time
The Georgia-Alabama game will start at 8 p.m. ET.
The Georgia-Alabama game will be played on Oct. 17. It will be Week 7 of the college football season and Week 4 of the SEC slate.
Georgia-Alabama: TV Channel
The Georgia-Alabama game will be broadcast on CBS.
No official odds have been put out for the Georgia-Alabama game. In the offseason, Alabama was about a touchdown favorite over the Bulldogs.
Who do Georgia and Alabama play this week?
The Georgia Bulldogs earned a 44-21 victory over Tennessee. Alabama conversely won a high-scoring affair against the Crimson Tide. Alabama and Georgia are the only two unbeaten teams left in the SEC.
“I mean, I’ll be up first thing in the morning, watch this tape, figure out how we can get better,” Smart said after the win over Tennessee. “You know, a lot of people will brush this game off and try to go to the next one. You can’t do that because what are they going to do all week? They’re going to watch our tape deeper than we’re going to watch our tape.
When you go in and watch the tape and move on, they’re watching your tape from Sunday to Friday. So you better watch it and try to anticipate what they’re going to see.”
Georgia-Alabama: Recent history
2018: Alabama 35, Georgia 28
2018: Alabama 26, Georgia 23
2015: Alabama 38, Georgia 10
2012: Alabama 32, Georgia 28
2008: Alabama 41, Georgia 30
2007: Georgia 26, Alabama 23
2003: Georgia 37, Alabama 23
2002: Georgia 27, Alabama 25
Georgia-Alabama storylines for Week 7 game
- Will Smart become the first Saban assistant to beat him? Saban is 20-0 against his former assistants, and he’ll get a chance to add to that record as he takes on Ole Miss and Lane Kiffin this week.
- What is said about Scott Cochran? The long-time Alabama strength coach made the move to Georgia to become the school’s special teams coordinator. Saban did not seem all that happy about the move at the time based on his comments made in the media. Through two games, Georgia has had excellent special teams play, and it will be interesting to see how that unit impacts the game.
- Can Georgia slow down Devonta Smith and Jaylen Waddle? The two Alabama wide receivers have a history of making big plays against the Bulldogs, with Smith being the one who caught the game-winning touchdown pass in the national championship game.
- What does Georgia do at quarterback? Stetson Bennett IV has emerged at the position but will he do what he did in the win over Auburn against a more talented Alabama defense. Georgia also has JT Daniels and D’Wan Mathis at the position.
- Is this a potential prequel to the SEC championship game? These are the two highest-ranked teams in their respective divisions and both have more than a good chance of meeting in the SEC championship game on Dec. 19. Florida was actually picked to win the SEC East by the media. The Bulldogs and Gators meet on Nov. 7
More Georgia football-Alabama stories from around DawgNation
- How Georgia football can close the gap on Alabama in 2020 and beyond
- Georgia football podcast: Anticipated matchup as important for Alabama as it is for UGA
- Scott Cochran on famed 2008 funeral comments: ‘I thought I was going to lose my job’
- ESPN claims Florida, not Alabama, is Georgia’s most important game in 2020
- ESPN’s Jordan Rodgers: Georgia football unknowns could lead to losses to Alabama, Florida
- Georgia football podcast: Evaluating UGA’s chances of beating Alabama twice in 2020
- Georgia football coach Kirby Smart shares expectations for season, Alabama road trip
- Georgia football game times, TV networks for Alabama, Florida games announced
- Georgia football podcast: CBS analyst makes bold comparison between UGA, Florida and Alabama