JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — Georgia football legend David Pollack, the most decorated defensive player in Bulldogs’ history, sees Saturday’s game as a chance for Kirby Smart to make a statement.
“I think this validates everything that you’ve seen so far, I think they had a great season a year ago, and everyone knows Georgia is recruiting at a high level, this would kind of be another validation point that the SEC East goes through Athens,” Pollack said Friday.
“That’s the statement Georgia can make. Now, listen, you’ve still got to beat Kentucky in a couple of weeks, to further that point, but I think this definitely goes a long way in saying, ‘OK, Georgia is here, and Florida is going to have to wait a little while before they’re ready for this.’ “
Pollack was asked if he is surprised Florida has arrived so soon under new Gators coach Dan Mullen.
“You lose to Kentucky and give up 300 yards rushing, I wouldn’t consider that arrived yet, but I think they are having a lot of success,” Pollack said. “.I thought they’d be exactly where they’re at, I just thought they’d be 6-1 with a loss to LSU.
“If you’re a Florida fan you’re excited to see some offense, I mean, you’ve wasted so many really good defenses and year after year this offense has been frustrating to watch, and now there’s a heartbeat, there’s a pulse, there’s an identity.”
Georgia football-Florida details
• Time: The game kicks off at 3:30 p.m. ET Saturday
• Date: Oct. 27, 2018
• Location: TIAA Bank Field, Jacksonville, Fla.
• Weather forecast: Partly sunny and breezy with gusts up to 15 mph, a high of 74 and a low of 52. Kickoff temperature is expected to be 74.
DawgNation Georgia football coverage
• Watch: Brandon Adams and Jeff Sentell on the postgame show via DawgNation Facebook page.
How to watch Georgia-Florida on TV
The Georgia-LSU game will be televised on the CBS Network. Brad Nessler will handle the play-by-play call and Gary Danielson will provide analysis. Jamie Erdahl is the sideline reporter.
How to stream Georgia-Florida football
The audio can be streamed online at GTV on georgiadogs.com.
Where to find Georgia-Florida on radio
The game will be broadcast on WSB 95.5 FM, 750 AM, along with other Georgia Bulldog Sport Network (IMG) radio affiliates. Scott Howard is on the play-by-play call, Eric Zeier is the color analyst, and Chuck Dowdle is the sideline reporter.
Satellite radio for Georgia football vs. Florida
The game will be broadcast on Sirius channel 121 and XM channel 192 (Georgia broadcast).
Georgia-Florida football game notes
• Georgia averages 461.9 yards per game on offense, Florida averages 408.3
• The Bulldogs’ defense gives up an average of 310.6 yards per game, Florida, 232.3
• Georgia leads the all-time series 51-43-2
• Georgia players Boss Bailey and Aaron Murray are being inducted into the Georgia-Florida Hall of Fame presented by Ruth’s Chris as part of the Georgia-Florida Weekend.
• The Bulldogs are on pace to set a single-season scoring record, averaging 39 points per game The record (37.8) was set in 2012.
• The team that rushes for the most yards has won the past 12 games
• Both teams are coming off a bye week. The teams are 3-3 in previous instances of such.
• Georgia football beat Florida last season, 42-7
• The Bulldogs have scored 69 first-quarter points, 89 in the 2nd, 81 in the 3rd and 34 in the 4th
• The Gators have scored 30 first-quarter points, 101 in the 2nd, 34 in the 3rd and 76 in the 4th