Early betting lines posted for Georgia games against Notre Dame, Florida and Auburn
The football season is still a little under six months away, but early betting lines have already projected Georgia football to be a comfortable favorite in some of its biggest games of the year.
Per BetOnline, Georgia opens as an 11.5-point favorite against Notre Dame, a 4-point favorite over Florida, a 9.5-point favorite over Auburn and a 13.5-point favorite over Texas A&M.
The Bulldogs take on Notre Dame first among the four teams listed, as the Bulldogs host them on Sept. 21. Georgia beat Notre Dame 20-19 in 2017 when the two teams played in South Bend, Ind. Both teams figure to be ranked in the top 10 when they meet.
Georgia then takes on Florida on Nov. 2 in Jacksonville, Fla. Georgia has beaten Florida handily in each of the past two seasons. Like the Notre Dame game, this matchup figures to be a matchup beaten top-10 teams. It should also be one of the more interesting games of the season, as Dan Mullen and Georgia coach Kirby Smart have made it clear they aren’t exactly the best of friends.
The Auburn game is set for Nov. 16. It will be a revenge game of sorts for Georgia, as Auburn beat the Bulldogs 40-17 when the two teams last played in Auburn. Georgia has beaten Auburn twice since then.
The last game with an available line is set for Nov. 23. It will be the first time that Georgia and Texas A&M have met as SEC foes. The Aggies will be led by Jimbo Fisher, another Nick Saban disciple. The game against the Aggies will also be the final home game for Georgia’s 2019 season.
Smart met with the media on Tuesday for the first time and made it a point to say that he was not looking ahead to any games on the schedule. He added that he is focused on how Georgia can improve during spring practice.
The Bulldogs begin spring practice on Tuesday. Georgia’s spring game is set for April 20 and will air at 2 p.m. ET on the SEC Network.
Best Georgia football stories from around Dawgnation
- Georgia football coach Kirby Smart updates injury list, Zamir White
- New Georgia DC Dan Lanning getting it done ‘behind the scenes’
- ESPN names Richard LeCounte as Georgia football’s top basketball player
- The national media is making a big mistake by sleeping on Nolan Smith
- Rival schools are still coming hard after Bulldog WR commit Justin Robinson
- Devon Gales makes his return to football
- Georgia football: Way-too-early team spring position group rankings
- Newness factor is what makes Kirby Smart’s 4th spring practice his most interesting at Georgia
- Georgia sports roundup: Baseball sweeps South Carolina, Men’s Golf wins tournament