What social media is saying about Georgia’s recent commitments
Georgia football isn’t letting up on the recruiting trail, as the Bulldogs have landed commitment on consecutive days.
Micah Morris, a 4-star offensive tackle from Kingsland, Ga., got things started on Wednesday night. He is the No. 73 player in the 247Sports Composite rankings and the No. 11 offensive tackle.
I would like to thank all of the schools who have recruited me up to this point, it has all been a true blessing, with that said, will be commiting to… pic.twitter.com/1t73QV3Rin
— Micah Morris® (@MicahMorris56cc) April 8, 2020
Then on Thursday, the Bulldogs added a running back to the mix as they secured a commitment from 4-star running back Lovasea Carroll. He plays for powerhouse IMG Academy but is originally from Warrenton, Ga.
— Lovasea Carroll (@LovaseaC) April 9, 2020
The two commitments earned a double shot of Go Dawgs from head coach Kirby Smart.
— Coach Kirby Smart (@KirbySmartUGA) April 9, 2020
Both commitments also got a rise out of running backs coach Dell McGee. Obviously he was excited about the future addition to his own room. But McGee also took time to praise offensive line coach Matt Luke for his work in landing the services of Morris.
Another HOME GROWN DAWG joining #RBU
— Dell McGee (@DellMcGee) April 9, 2020
@CoachMattLuke Got that that first brick for the Wall! The foundation is starting to be laid! Go Dawgs.
— Dell McGee (@DellMcGee) April 8, 2020
With Morris and Carroll now in the class, the Bulldogs have the nation’s No. 8 class. Georgia has the fewest commitments of any team in the top-10 at the moment, with just six. Clemson and Ohio State are the only two programs with a higher average recruit ranking than the Bulldogs.
As for some of Georgia’s other 2021 commitments, like 4-star athlete David Daniel and 5-star quarterback Brock Vandagriff, both were excited about the new additions.
Yessirski!!! THE BEST IN GA STAY IN GA! 🌊🌊 https://t.co/LQteN4hD5W
— brock 🌊 (@BrockVandagriff) April 9, 2020
— David Daniel (@David_X_Dope) April 9, 2020
— David Daniel (@David_X_Dope) April 9, 2020
Yessirr🔴⚫️ Congratulations https://t.co/nPuubxT4UP
— Lovasea Carroll (@LovaseaC) April 8, 2020
Lets goo https://t.co/6NpVRlQXk2
— Micah Morris® (@MicahMorris56cc) April 9, 2020
And as is almost always the case, the Georgia fan base was excited about the additions as well.
— Kirby’s Vi$or (@VisorTalk) April 9, 2020
#Dawgs Kirby out there doin' WORK again today!
— GATA Dawgs (@BassinDawg) April 9, 2020
Back 2 Back 😂🤷🏽♂️ https://t.co/icLngFNt6C
— Aviation Ax✈️ (@DawgsAx) April 9, 2020
— UGA Supporters (@Support_UGA) April 9, 2020
— Todd Hartley (@coach_thartley) April 9, 2020
If you choose to include Carroll as an in-state commitment, given he’s originally from the state of Georgia, all six of Georgia’s commitments at the moment come from the state of Georgia. The Bulldogs have had much more success in recruiting the Peach State to start this class than they have in the past two cycles.
Georgia football 2021 recruiting commitments
- Brock Vandagriff, 5-star quarterback from Bogart, Ga.: No. 12 player in 247Sports Composite rankings, No. 31 player in 247Sports rankings, No. 5 in Rivals, No. 33 in ESPN, No. 2 ranked dual-threat quarterback, No. 2 ranked player from Georgia. DawgNation story on Brock Vandagriff: Why the addition of 5-star QB Brock Vandagriff could be a great sign for in-state recruiting
- Micah Morris, 4-star offensive tackle from Kingsland, Ga: No. 73 player in 247Sports Composite rankings, No. 92 player in 247Sports rankings, No. 86 in Rivals, No. 94 in ESPN, No. 11 offensive tackle, No. 7 player from Georgia. DawgNation story on Micah Morris: Micah Morris: Why the future criminal justice major is more than just a big get for Matt Luke
- David Daniel, 4-star defensive back from Woodstock, Ga.: No. 78 player in 247Sports Composite rankings, No. 132 player in 247Sports rankings, No. 95 in Rivals, No. 35 in ESPN, No. 4 ranked athlete, No. 8 ranked player from Georgia. DawgNation story on David Daniel: David Daniel: Elite DB trainer and former Bulldog Glenn Ford has an NFL parallel in mind
- Lovasea Carroll, 4-star running back from Warrenton, Ga. (plays for IMG Academy): No. 122 player in 247Sports Composite rankings, No. 106 player in 247Sports rankings, No. 134 player in Rivals, No. 174 in ESPN, No. 8 ranked running back.
- Jonathan Jefferson 4-star defensive end from Douglasville, Ga.: No. 143 player in 247Sports Composite rankings, No. 166 player in 247Sports rankings, No. 172 in Rivals, No. 150 in ESPN, No. 11 ranked strongside defensive end, No. 12 player from Georgia. DawgNation story on Jonathan Jefferson: Jonathan Jefferson: 5 things to know about this week’s 2021 Georgia commit
- Marlin Dean, 3-star defensive tackle from Elberton, Ga.: No. 408 player in 247Sports Composite rankings, No. 27 DT in 247Sports rankings, No. 33 SDE in Rivals, Unranked via ESPN, No. 33 ranked player from Georgia. DawgNation story on Marlin Dean: Marlin Dean: It turns out the night UGA fell to Florida in hoops wasn’t a total loss
Georgia isn’t likely to be done at either running back or on the offensive line. Donovan Edwards, a 4-star running back from Michigan, should be seen as one of the top overall targets for the Georgia 2021 recruiting class. Cody Brown, a 4-star running back from Lilburn, Ga., is also a target the Bulldogs are chasing after.
As for the offensive line, Georgia is still very much in the running for 5-star prospect Amarius Mims as well as 4-star prospects Terrence Ferguson and Dylan Fairchild. All three are in-state prospects as well.
These latest two commitments, along with the addition of 4-star defensive end Jonathan Jefferson in March, have all occurred during the dead period as mandated by the NCAA. This prevents coaches and players from visiting each other. The dead period is currently slated to extend to May 31.
DawgNation’s Jeff Sentell breaks down Micah Morris commitment
More Georgia football stories from around DawgNation
- Georgia football lands commitment from 4-star OL Micah Morris
- Georgia football podcast: One mistake Kirby Smart won’t ever make
- Georgia football could have record 2020 NFL Draft class on tap
- Former Georgia QB Jake Fromm identifies deep ball issue — it’s not his arm
- Georgia football’s most underrated defensive player: Malik Herring