As Georgia was putting the finishing touches on its 2020 recruiting class, head coach Kirby Smart noted that the Bulldogs had already begun to work on the 2021 recruiting class.
“I don’t think people really understand that recruiting never sleeps,” Smart said. “Everybody is fired up today and they think you’re going to get to relax, but 20-21, we’ve already had two or three junior days, we’ve had prospects come in, we’re doing phone calls on these kids – it’s already begun.”
In addition to hosting prospects, Georgia coaches spent January traversing the country visiting many of those elite 2021 prospects.
At the moment, the Bulldogs have two commitments in their 2021 class. One of them is 5-star quarterback prospect Brock Vandagriff, who committed to Georgia in January. The other is 4-star athlete David Daniel, who will play safety at the next level.
Both prospects come from the state of Georgia. The Bulldogs have only signed 8 in-state players in each of the last two recruiting cycles. In Smart’s first two recruiting classes as Georgia’s head coach, the Bulldogs signed 17 players from the state in both years.
But Georgia is also still going to place an emphasis on recruiting the best players in the country. As you can see in the list below, there is a mix of in-state and out of state prospects as some early names to know for this cycle.
It’s also worth mentioning here that Georgia is not going to land every player on this list. When I did this exercise last year with the 2020 class, the Bulldogs signed only six of the 20 names I listed.
But without further ado, here are 21 names to know for the 2021 Signing Class.
21 names to know for Georgia football 2021 recruiting class
- 5-star quarterback Brock Vandagriff, Bogart, Ga.*
- 4-star athlete David Daniel, Woodstock, Ga.*
- 5-star RB Will Shipley, Matthews, N.C.
- 4-star RB Evan Pryor, Cornelius, N.C.
- 4-star RB Lovasea Carroll, Warrenton, Ga.
- 4-star RB Cody Brown, Lilburn, Ga.
- 5-star WR Agiye Hall, Bradenton, Fla.
- 4-star WR Mario Williams, Plant, Fla.
- 4-star WR Jayden Thomas, Atlanta
- 4-star TE Brock Bowers, Napa, Ca.
- 5-star OT Amarius Mims, Cochran, Ga.
- 4-star OT Micah Morris, Kingston, Ga.
- 4-star OT Terrance Ferguson, Fort Valley, Ga.
- 4-star DE Quintin Somerville, Scottsdale, Az.
- 4-star LB Barrett Carter, Suwanee, Ga.
- 4-star LB Smael Mondon, Dallas, Ga.
- 4-star LB Chaz Chambliss, Carrollton, Ga.
- 5-star DB James Williams, Apo Locka, Fla.
- 5-star DB Tony Grimes, Virginia Beach, Va.
- 5-star DB Isaiah Johnson, Bluefield, W.Va.
- 4-star DB Jordan Hancock, Suwanee, Ga.
More Georgia football stories from around DawgNation
- Georgia football: How the nation’s No. 1 recruiting class for 2020 came together
- Georgia coach Kirby Smart keeps Todd Monken praise simple, short
- What Kirby Smart said about Georgia position groups after 2020 signing class
- Georgia football winners and losers from 2020 National Signing Day
- Jared Wilson: Talented 2021 offensive guard re-opens his recruitment
- Georgia football podcast: Kirby Smart credits fans for UGA’s No. 1 recruiting class
- WATCH: Kirby Smart offers no ‘grand speech’ on how Georgia offense will look
- Kirby Smart: How Georgia football stayed step ahead adding Jamie Newman